November 24, 2017, 03:30:43 PM
News: Join FrightSeekers for the inside info on haunts!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spooky ambiance in restaurants  (Read 649 times)
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« on: August 14, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »

http://disneyjoe.wordpress.com/ The Haunted Mansion's 40th anniversary was three years ago, but I stumbled onto this blog post from a lucky family that won an overnight stay in the mansion. They give a complete write-up of their experience and it sounded pretty awesome. It got me thinking about restaurants and spooky atmosphere and setting a scene and how there aren't too many restaurants that have a spooky theme, or many that cater to decorating, even for the holiday. One of the only ones I've ever been too was Jekyll and Hyde in NYC and they're decorated year round. It was fun and amusing and I imagine scary if you're a little kid, but the food/drink is overpriced. I'm kind of surprised that Disney doesn't have a spooky themed restaurant. The Sci-Fi drive-in is about as close as they have to the theme. There is another restaurant in Atlanta, I think its called 6 feet under that overlooks a cemetery. That's kind of creepy.

I wish more restaurants would decorate for the holiday, even if it were for one special meal. Kind of like some do for Valentine's or Christmas. I have no doubt that some bars decorate for Halloween, but that's not really the atmosphere I'm going for. What would be more important to you, the food they served (all kinds of ways to make halloween themed foods), or the atmosphere they created? Are there any restaurants you've been into where you just knew it would be awesome if they'd only decorate? I don't imagine that many franchised restaurants would be allowed to do this, but the independent ones that open up in places such as old farmhouses, old jails, hardware stores, etc.. could really play up the architecture and ambiance they already have.

Fortune Favors the Bold
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:24:23 PM »

http://www.thefatladyrestaurant.com/photo_gallery.html  check out the halloween gallery: this place goes all out!!

Fortune Favors the Bold
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: