November 23, 2017, 10:41:17 PM
News: Visit a haunt in South Carolina this season!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: 2012 Planning  (Read 6716 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« on: September 17, 2012, 05:31:32 PM »

Plans to attend Blackout in NYC bombed due to some financial issues so we'll be staying local-ish this year.  That being said we have a full itinerary.  Always subject to change due to weather/work/whatever but here is the 2012 work in progress.  Suggestions or recommendations welcome on haunts to add/skip or how to hit more on a night's journey.....

9/28  Hacker House
10/5  Haunted Pyramids +/- Horror Fields, Terror By the Creek, Lake Hickory Haunts (realistically 2-3...though I've never done a 4 haunt night).
10/12  Midway Wicked Woods and Camp Fear
10/13  The Slaughterhouse Horror Experience and Darkside Haunted Estates
10/19  Boogerwoods +/- Silver Valley Trail Nightmares
10/20  SC Fear Farm, Campground Massacre, and Haunted Mill (not sure we'll be able to fit in all 3....but gonna try)
10/25  Mountain of Terror and Zombie Outpost
10/26  Castle of Horror and Nightmare on Scales Street
10/28  Woods of Terror  and Xtreme Fear
10/30 Spookywoods

Gonna try and work in newbie Wicked Whimsies, Forbidden Forest,  and the Hillside Horror.  Open to other suggestions....especially in the Triangle area to partner with a visit to the Slaughterhouse...  Would love to hit 20 this year!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:39:01 PM by packbacker » Logged

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 06:46:48 PM »

i need a drink after reading all that, wow!  i would say you are planning ahead.  have a wedding to attend this weekend, since i'm one of the "planners" my life its total chaos right now. but come sunday, I'm putting this HH puzzle together on paper.  can't wait to set our schedule.  wish we could hit 20, that is a marathon dude!  i tried to get the couple to get married on halloween, but it's not their style, now i'm thrilled to get their show wrapped up and celebrated in sept, so I can reclaim myself in october!!!!!!

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
screaming_diana
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »

Packbacker that is a HUGE schedule!!!  Just so you know I plan to be tagging along with you to each and every one of them!!!!!  I'm excited and terrified all at the same time!!!! 
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:14:06 PM »

That sounds like a great schedule! We might like to tag along on a couple of trips too.

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
Julie
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:29:48 PM »

Awesome schedule...sounds like a great month!
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 07:42:44 PM »

I've found you have to seriously plan ahead when you work weekends, have football games out of town, and deal with other people's work schedules.  If you wing it things don't go as well.  I'm sure we will alter this a bit but that schedule accounts for all home football games in October and as of now three of our work schedules.  You can play it by ear when it's local but when you're looking at 2+hr one way drives that takes a bit of plannin'!

Would love to have people tag along- our group ranges from 2 to 6 generally.  The more the merrier!

As in past years I (or another board member) I'm sure will post a "Where are you going this week?" thread.  If you want to join our outing that week just send me a PM and I'll give you details.

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 10:40:07 PM »

Hey! It's Diana Grin Can't wait till you guys come by Midway, this "kid" has got some surprises especially for you Wink

ngbomb2872
Haunted

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 11:31:15 PM »

Im going to set my schedule tomorrow.  Will share as well.
jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 07:16:15 AM »

wow impressive schedule.
bethyboo
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 12:08:42 PM »

Great schedule. I am going to take a look this weekend and see what we come up with for a schedule.  I need to prepare for the terror!
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »

I though I would post my schedule also packbacker..

10-29    Hacker House
10-5     prob no where  due to our local harvest parade on  the morning of 10-6
10-6   local harvest parade then our cookout at the slaughter house
10-12  Slaughter house
10-13  Slaughter house
10-19  Slaughter house
10-20  Slaughter house
10-26  Slaughter house
10-27  Slaughter house
10-31  Slaughter house

I REALLY LIKE THE SLAUGHTER HOUSE !

Really though the way the weekends fall this year just plains sucks for me.. I  "Usually"  can hit 6 to 8 haunts before we open, this year it looks like it might be the Hacker house only... I WISH I could hit some of those other haunts on your list....

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 11:56:01 PM »

I don't have a schedule set in stone yet....but definitely going to Hacker House, Midway Wicked Woods, Xtreme fear, Spookywoods and hopefully several more. Just reading everything on the boards is making me sooo excited for this season. Sounds like some crazy good times are ahead.

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
ngbomb2872
Haunted

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 07:13:43 PM »

I finally set my schedule, here it is:
9/29-  Mountain of Terror
10/6-  Hacker House
Week of 10/8-10/12-  Woods of Terror
10/13-  Wicked Woods
Week of 10/15-10/19-  X-treme Fear
10/20-  Spookywoods
10/27-  Universal Studios Horror Nights Orlando

*  Does anyone have any suggestions on anything?  Places I should go that are not listed, or any reviews of Universal would be helpful too.  Thanks!
ngbomb2872
Haunted

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »

Thanks so much for your reply.  I have been to Scarrowinds every year like the past 5 few years.  Its always fun, but with everything else I have planned it may not fit.  I decided to go to Universal because I have been talking about going for years, I can actually aford it this year and I also love the Walking Dead.  How is the Netherlands?  It sounds awesome from what I've heard.  That should be a fun trip.
zombieheavymetal

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »

I am going to try to make it to at least 10 events. It all depends on how much  the Man [my job] is going to try to oppress me in October. Down with the man. The days of Oppression are over evil man.

I cut the flesh and make it bleed, Fresh skin is what I need, I let it dry out in the wood, All your crying did no good...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to: