November 22, 2017, 10:54:28 PM
News: Join FrightSeekers for the inside info on haunts!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nightmare Haunted House, Myrtle Beach SC  (Read 1008 times)
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« on: October 15, 2013, 12:04:52 PM »

Haunt Name: Nightmare Haunted House, Myrtle Beach SC
Date Attended:  10/13/2013
Submitted By: sissyhaunt

Scare Factor 2.75/5 – Being a haunt that is on the Boardwalk in Myrtle Beach, I didn’t expect too much from it. I was pleasantly surprised. Once you walk up the stairs, there is a ticket booth where you give your tickets. The actor then tells you that he will be locking the building up in a matter of minutes and if you haven’t found your way out by then, you will not leave. Then you start the haunt. They had several actors who jump out at you for that startle scare. While going through you hear over loud speakers how much time is left before you will be locked in which manages to make your pulse race a little faster.

Actors 2.75/5 – This would have been a higher score because the actors in the actual haunt did a pretty good job of staying in character and not being thrown off by how we reacted or what we said. The actor in the ticket booth lowered the score because he was very scripted. I said something to him and instead of improvising and going with the moment it through him off and he started his speech over again. I think that no matter what the main actors that you interact with need to improvise a bit.

Set Design/FX/ Prop 3/5 – The set designs and noises are well done. Since this is not your typical haunted house and is geared for tourists, they are able to have more special effects which gave a good balance between the actors and the sets. The time you have left being announced throughout the haunt gives an added adrenaline rush.

Length 3.5/5 – The experience lasts about 10-15 minutes. While that doesn't seem like a lot of time, they make the most of every minute.

Value 5/5 – Ticket prices are $12 for adults and $9 for children 12 years and under. They offer a special combo pass that includes Ripley’s Haunted Adventure for $18 for adults and $14 for children. I feel that with the general admission ticket you are getting your money’s worth. I had the combo pass, however, if I did this again I would purchase the just the ticket for this haunt since it was much better than the other haunt offered.

Other 5/5 – Like any other place on the Boardwalk, parking is a bit tricky, but again it is a tourist spot. I would recommend attending this haunt if you visit Myrtle Beach it brought screams and laughter which always means fun.

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: