November 20, 2017, 09:27:29 PM
News: Join FrightSeekers for the inside info on haunts!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Outdoor decorating  (Read 2931 times)
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« on: September 25, 2012, 02:34:29 PM »

I know a lot of you have probably staryed decorating indoors, but have you put up anything outside yet? So far, i've only seen a couple of houses with halloween blowups in their yard. We've never been able to decorate before the week of before, but we're thinking about getting a jump on that this year. Anyone have a unique, or fun yard theme?

Fortune Favors the Bold
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:40:15 PM »

graveyards scenes are always  fun & basically free to do. If you need pointer just ask..
Slaughter.

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:59:27 PM »

We're tossing around ideas, and we're thinking about doing "the spirit of halloween" theme. Probably creating a little SAM prop, lots of pumpkins and throwing in a couple of scarecrows too. I love mzking paper mache pumpkins and thinking about mzking a couple large enough to wear as a mask to imitate the scarecrow

Fortune Favors the Bold
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 03:29:40 PM »

This is going to be really fun! Smiley

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »

I promise myself I must wait until 10/1. 

No theme.  Lots of lights and various props all over the yard, trees, porch.  Gotten to the level of obscenely tacky but oh well.  I have accrued too much so this year it will be picking and choosing what doesn't get set up.

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
ngbomb2872
Haunted

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »

I always start late, but i am going to start on the 1st also.  Whats the point of spending a bunch of money throughout the years on props and not using them earlier.
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 08:35:29 PM »

waiting 'til 10/01...then the wreck (literally) goes on display!  will post photos.

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
zombieheavymetal

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 08:41:42 PM »

Waiting for the first weekend in October that is not calling for rain.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:44:02 PM by zombieheavymetal » Logged

I cut the flesh and make it bleed, Fresh skin is what I need, I let it dry out in the wood, All your crying did no good...
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 08:42:42 PM »

Can't wait to see it!

I do think we need to all post pics this year of our decorations.  I've done them on facebook the past few years but should be able to upload some here.  Mine kinda resembles a trailer trash christmas park.......way too much cheap stuff blinking, talking, and making the neighbors wonder WTF is going on.  

SouthernJack89

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 07:06:06 PM »

you can never go wrong with scarecrows with jack'o lantern heads mixed with corn stalks and a few hay bales
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »

This is our decoration.
Now show us yours!

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 07:34:46 PM »

Yep,
 that pretty much sums up you & Bobby at Halloween.....nice work !

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »

Wow.  That's awesome.  I assume a heads up has been given to the local law enforcement? Wink

~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 10:14:05 AM »

Oh boy, this is serving to remind me how far behind we are!!!!!  We have NOTHING up outside yet, and only a few things up inside!  Granted, we have had an interesting season so far, but ahhhhhh we need to get a move on here!  Love that truck though, nctrembley0613 , I remember you telling us about it, but it far exceeds my expectations.  Great job!!  Not sure if I would want to trick-or-treat at your house, haha.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

*FrightSeeker and Hacker*
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 08:01:24 PM »

Glad you all find our "stuff" interesting - been planning this one since last Oct.  Yep, local officials were notified.  Some State Troopers have stopped by to shake the Creator's hand.  Some have stopped and been a little ticked off.  Sheriff Deputies have all been cool about it.  Firefighters are on the fence, they are very loyal to their Marshall and he is not impressed.  We had a "re-set" this week in efforts to quell unrest in Public Service.  I'll post a new pic soon, actually, I think it looks even sicker now.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: