November 17, 2017, 09:30:20 PM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Virginia Nightmare  (Read 4757 times)
DrNitemare

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 09:01:25 AM »

Can anyone who's been to this haunt in the past tell me a little about it?  I looked at the website and it looks terrifying!  Packbacker and I talked about possibly going but I need to know if I can handle it or not before we drive 3.5 hours to get there!  I guess my biggest question is if you go through with another person will they make you split up at any point?  I just need to know before I agree to go!  Thanks

This is the first year of this experience so the only ones who know anything about it is us and we're not telling. As far as making those who enter in pairs split up.. well we won't forcibly or intentionally make that happen. However, you two may become seperated at some points but this will be due to your own actions and decisions.
DrNitemare

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 09:15:17 AM »

The only information I will offer aside from what's already on our website is the following:

Don't come expecting to see your fair share of "gore" or elaborate sets and scenes.. mind you there is sick and twisted stuff you will encounter.

Think of it as you being the star victim(s) in your own horror movie with a backwoods feel meets SAW theme.

Some of the scariest and creepiest things can lie in your own imagination and are already inside of you.. for those of you that have seen the Blair Witch Project you know what I mean.

I look forward to seeing some of you visit with us this season.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 09:52:53 AM »

Some of the scariest and creepiest things can lie in your own imagination and are already inside of you.. for those of you that have seen the Blair Witch Project you know what I mean.

So true, and so awesome.  Fingers crossed we can come check this out...

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
DrNitemare

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 05:45:55 PM »

Well.. we all think we know how crazy the world is but somethings just really make you stop and think, how crazy can it possibly be? At some point this past week someone decided to literally destroy everything at our haunt. And I mean everything. They smashed a countless number of security lights, strobes, sound equipment and a few high-grade fog machines and ripped the electrical cords right out of them all. Not going to get into anymore specifics because it gets under my skin to just think about this subject.. but the reason Im posting is we will NOT be open this season. Or at least until further notice. As our entire set is ruined and unsalvagable not to mention un-replaceable. We have picked each others brains for a few days now but there is just nothing we can do to open up to our standards at this point. So please do not make any plans to come out this way. I will also be posting a statement on our actual website as well. We look forward to securing a "permanent" location in the future and being able to provide you with our original show. Thank you
screaming_diana
Completely Haunted

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 06:00:33 PM »

DrNitemare I am so sorry.   I sure hope you find the person that did this!!!  Best of luck to everyone at Virginia Nightmare!
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »

Damn dude I'm really sorry to hear about that, people are just assholes sometimes.

Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 08:22:12 PM »

Dr Nightmare,
I got the message, I HATE this happened to you, man I personally know where your heart is when it comes to the haunt, & it sucks that someone did this. Keep your head up brother..., you know some of the hurdles I've crossed in the past, just take this & try to turn it so it makes you & your show better.
You know for the first time...in a long time I felt myself starting to "mark" out a little about planning on  going up to your haunt this weekend. A feeling that I haven't felt in a long time... that whole " I'm going to do it...but only because I can't chicken out in front of these guys" feeling.
After talking to you, I think I know where you were going with your show & if I'm right it would have been great.
Keep your head up, we ALL eventually say... " wait until NEXT year".... You just have to say it a few weeks earlier than some of the rest of us.
Your Brother in Blood,
Slaughter.

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 09:31:08 PM »

My condolences as well.  It'd be easier I think if it was some freak accident or natural disaster but to have someone purposefully do this is just....evil.  Best wishes for a big return next season.

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
NCHadmin
Administrator
Completely Haunted

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 06:13:41 AM »

Sounds like this person(s) is volunteering to be the replacement prop(s).
Deservedly so.
Apologies to you Dr., hope you come back with a screaming great show in 2013!

-NCHAdmin
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: