November 23, 2017, 10:55:20 PM
News: Join FrightSeekers for the inside info on haunts!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Darkside Estates in Middlesex?  (Read 2293 times)
luckeeesmom

« on: September 27, 2012, 08:04:41 AM »

I just picked up a groupon for this house. I see that it is not one of the featured attractions for the area but has anyone been to it? Is it a fun house? It is about 45 minute drive for us so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be ok.  Also has anyone been to Haunted Forest at Panic Point? I think that one is on living social right now.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:59:27 AM »

Darkside is kind of a mixed bag.  For us it seemed very long with several walk-throughs (trail, houses, etc) as well as a hayride.  Some of the sets were great but it was bizarre as there were literally a lot of children running around.  Kids scare me so maybe that works but try to imagine a cemetery scene where a 5 year old brandishing a plastic knife runs up to you.  The clown area was spooky looking but bereft of actors.  The hayride had every single scare on one side of the wagon.  That being said there are some truly creepy sets, some good scares, and it took us 45 min to 1hr to go through it all.  All in all it has more of a family style haunt feel to it. 

I should also mention that the Slaughter House Horror Experience is directly across from it.  Literally directly across the street.  Much more sinister feel to the haunt with some outstanding sets/actors. 

We did both last year and had fun in both locations but for different reasons. 

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
luckeeesmom

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »

Great! Thanks for the info and quick response. I love scary and have read about the Slaughter House nad many of the other renowned hauntings on this site. I would love to check out many of them but this October we are losing two weekends because of running races we are participating in. We are planning to go the weekend of October 6th for my husband's bday though so it is too bad that only Darkside Estates will be open then since the other one is right across the street. My 12 year old stepdaughter is likely coming along with us and it will be her first haunted house so as long as it is worth the drive out and creatively done we will be happy with it. It might work out well if it is not too scary for her. Which side of the hayride is best to sit on?

I just wanted to make sure it was not a bust like the haunted house I went to on Capital Blvd a few years ago that was not even remotely scary or well done. I would hate to drive 45 minutes for something like that Smiley

And I agree - Kids can be scary though not in the halloween way Smiley
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:43:29 PM »

I think it would be a good intro haunt for a 12 year old.  Last year the hayride portion every scare was on the left side of the wagon. 

luckeeesmom

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »

Great to know. Does the house come first or the Hayride? What we want to avoid is her being so scared that she never wants to go again but scared enough that it is fun Smiley Nothing is worse than a haunted house with no scares!

She is tall for her age and as a result, got put on some roller coasters at a theme park when she was not old enough to handle it and it has taken us years to get her to start riding them again.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »

Last year the hayride was at the end.

luckeeesmom

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 03:50:40 PM »

Thanks for all the info. If anyone is interested I can do a review. Not sure if you all are interested in the more standard haunts...
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 03:59:06 PM »

Yes. Do a review. Post under Member Reviews 2012. We love to hear about all haunts!!!!! What is a standard haunt? LOL.

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 06:35:02 PM »

Ditto.  I go to the featured haunts as an official reviewer.......but I **LOVE** visiting new places and like to share my opinion with others to help them find those hidden gems or let folks know if (IMHO) things were a waste of time and money.

Please add a review for any haunt you go to this year- that's the biggest thing that draws me to this site.......information and opinions on these fantastic little set-ups across our state.

Sander7

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »

If your looking for a fun and exciting place thats well worth the money darkside estates is where its at. It takes at least 45 mins if not longer to get threw the whole thing including the hayride. We have heard nothing but great reviews from everyone that came threw and they all talk about how bad they were scared and would love to come back. Last night for our first opening we had 350 people. So if your not afraid come out and let us scare you!!!! Happy haunting
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: