November 17, 2017, 11:50:55 PM
News: Visit a haunt in South Carolina this season!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Burkeville Asylum 2011  (Read 12749 times)
Hearsegal81
« on: September 11, 2008, 08:53:31 PM »

Thought I would add our own haunt that we do every year, this one is located in the small town of Burkeville VA, in between Lynchburg and Petersburg on 460. This year we will be opening on October 28th, 30th, and 31st from 7 till Huh It's a small haunt that my hubby and I volunteer in every year, but we always have fun doing it... this year our room is a torture room theme with a torture chair and a Guillotine. We even did a video for it that my sis in law is editing at the moment, I'll post it later when it's finished, anyways if ya wanna check us out we are on myspace at www.myspace.com/burkevillehaunts. Add us as a friend we always welcome new invites! thanks Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:26:53 PM by Hearsegal81 » Logged
wes2cool
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 04:03:57 PM »

Thats awesome that you help out!  I'd love to open my own haunted attraction one day!

Is yalls show gonna be pretty good this year?

Holla at me on Facebook www.facebook.com/wes2cool

Or on Xbox Live: ZACK RYDER FTW
Hearsegal81
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:04:30 PM »

We think so... we started working on our room at the beginning of September, I dunno about gettin up in your face and scaring you, that all depends on how you react to scary situations, I know that some of our rooms this year are supposed to mess with you ya know screw around with your mind.... I think this year will be pretty awesome, like I said before though we are a small haunt not like the big ones you see featured on most of the haunted attraction sites, but we do our best to try and scare you... cause that is what ya paid for right? to be scared to death lol! Anyways for the past two years running we've had pretty much the same scenerios in each room. This year we've changed a lot of stuff and no room is exactly the same as last year, should be fun to watch people going thru. Next two days I'm off from my job and I think I'm going to post a couple pics I'll take of stuff we've built in our room just to give ya a glimpse. I'm excited I love being able to participate in the towns haunt, it's fun to scare people and watch their reactions!
wes2cool
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 09:10:04 PM »

I bet it is fun! I would love to scare the hell out of ranom people! lol

Holla at me on Facebook www.facebook.com/wes2cool

Or on Xbox Live: ZACK RYDER FTW
Saharasuns

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 07:48:26 PM »

I live a little east of Farmville and will be definitely checking out your Haunt.
Hearsegal81
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 09:33:36 AM »

Oh wow that's so cool! I'm glad to meet a fellow frightseeker who's close to me, yes please do check us out.... it's only running three days this year (we usually run 4, the operator decided to just do it up until halloween night this year.) It's nice to see a fellow Virginian on here!
Hearsegal81
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »

Well guys the time is here! Tonite at 7pm Burkeville Haunted House is open for business! Please do come be our guests, we are so excited with the anticipation of fresh "meat" err excuse shall I say guests that some of our "pets" are growing very restless.... so come on out for some fun tonite! We'll be waiting!
Slappy
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 01:45:04 PM »

Hearsegal I wish you all the luck in the world.  Be sure to get some pictures for us if you can!
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 01:46:03 PM »

You guys have a rockin good time! I wish you all the best, and yes pics and videos would be great!

You can run, but you cannot hide
Hearsegal81
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 01:05:53 PM »

We had a blast! and raised almost 1500 dollars for the town of Burkeville, had one guy piss his pants had to stop a group to clean up a puddle, and did I mention I love teenage girls lol!!! They scream at anything! hahaha.... I'll be posting pictures as soon as they are edited thanks to all who came and made our haunt awesome!!! Also thanks to all the volunteers and everyone who put all their hard work and effort into this years haunted house!  Cheesy
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »

Congratz!!

Slappy
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 02:53:31 PM »

That's awesome Hearsegal, glad to hear your haunt was a success!
Hearsegal81
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 11:24:42 AM »

Hope this works I decided to make a slideshow instead of posting a lot of pictures soo .... here it is Burkeville Haunted House 2008!

Click on the picture it should take you to my photobucket account where you can view it...
Hearsegal81
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 08:16:44 PM »

This year our name has changed to Burkeville Asylum, thought we would try and give it a fresh new look since for the last 20 or so years it's been Burkeville Haunted House. So just wanna to give ya'll an update and to say we are soooo excited about what opportunites we have to put into our haunt this year. On October 17th we are having a Pool Tounament in Farmville Va to help with raising money for new props this year. The money we make from the house essentially goes to the town of Burkeville in exchange for the building we do the haunt in and insurance purposes. So really we don't make any money off of the haunt, so this year we're gonna try to raise a little money to bring in new props. Gonna try and keep you guys posted on our new features for 2009 as the event draws closer. Thanks for reading!
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 08:18:37 PM »

Facebook page? Twitter?

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: