November 22, 2017, 04:25:57 AM
News: Join FrightSeekers for the inside info on haunts!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Weekend experiences?  (Read 1657 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« on: October 07, 2012, 09:28:14 PM »

Alright we're in October!  Where'd ya go this weekend?  What did you think?  This place seems kinda dead unless we're just waiting on a bunch of official reviews to come in.  Anyone visit anywhere and care to share?

We did Silver Valley Trail of Nightmares on Thursday, Horror Fields/Undead Paintball and Haunted Pyramids on Friday.  Unofficial reviews are up and the official one is submitted.  Got to visit two new places and a fun (and improved!) old one.  Lots of miles put on the car.

This coming week- Midway Wicked Woods, Camp Fear, Clayton Fear Farm, and The Slaughterhouse Horror Experience.  We may try and work in Trotterville Horror Thurs or Sun.

Let's hear it Frightseekers....

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »

I wish I was going!  I'm hoping that we get to visit some of the other haunts on actors nights.  We at Hacker House really enjoyed having Slaughterhouse and Midway come out to see us!  As for weekend experiences, this probably doesn't count, but I spent Friday and Saturday night at the haunt  Grin  and then went back the the Dixie Classic Sunday night for some last minute good food.  This coming week, I plan to do the same, except switch the Dixie Classic with the Autumn Leaves Festival. 

I'm really happy that the weather is finally starting to match the season.  I gotta say the rain was not so welcome (oh no my makeup!!) but it helped to set the mood.  I'm excited to hear back from everyone heading out to other haunts!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

*FrightSeeker and Hacker*
Slappy
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:44:35 AM »

Yeah, weekends pretty much include trying to catch up on sleep, and getting in whatever fall-based activities we can.  Horror movies, TV shows, festivals and fairs, hiking, picking out pumpkins.  It's hard to do when you work 50+ hours a week at your normal job, then spend another 10 - 12+ at a haunt.  But we do what we can!
~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 10:49:13 AM »

Exactly.  Sometimes sleep manages to take a backseat until it just catches up to you.  Yesterday, we were trying to watch some Halloween TV, and both of us managed to fall asleep, until a certain German Shepherd got in our faces for being lazy... But I still love this season.  So much to do, so little time.

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 10:51:42 AM »

Y'all know I wasn't calling you out!  It just seems last year we had a lot more reviews or tidbits or such early in the season.  I'm a junkie- I need my fix!

Hey and feel free to share any Hacker House stories!

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 10:56:45 AM »

Hahaha we know, but I get on and see this and can't help but sigh.  I miss the road trips to see other haunts  Smiley  It's always such a blast.  But you are right, I think we are starting a little slower this year.  Then again, a couple places opened a weekend earlier than last year so that could be part of it. 

As for HH stories, oh boy I'm sure we've got a couple to share.   Grin

nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »

I'm a junkie- I need my fix!

This struck me as funny...where is this site located at in your "favorites"?
When I'm on my laptop, FrightSeekers is bookmarked 3rd in line (my email account 1st, FB 2nd, NC Haunts 3rd...then my bank somewhere down the line LOL)
When I'm on my smart (stupid) phone Wink it's bookmarked right on my home screen.
So, yes, I'll admit...I'm a bit of a Junkie for this site too...

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »

This link is really funny, it is a series of photos, be sure to look at all 29 of them.  #13 is my FAV!!
It's reactions to something scary in a haunted house, wonder what they are looking at?

http://daveryanshow.iheart.com/cc-common/gallery/photos.html?album_id=333989&p=19896302#/12/19896273

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
13moons
Haunted

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 09:36:42 PM »

Hi, I'm looking at the calendar and realizing that this weekend is the weekend before the last one in October.  Holy moley, it's gone fast.  What are the must-dos that can still be done before another year goes by?

So far, I've made it to: MOT, Spookywoods, Camp Fear, Hacker House, Hillside Horror, Haunted Pyramids, WOT, Trotterville, Xtreme Fear

My 2012 unofficial top faves so far are
1. Haunted Pyramids
2. Hacker House
3. Trotterville

My fav last year was Midway WW and haven't been yet this year, so there's at least one more road trip to the mid state...Suggestions, feedback, guidance, therapy?

I tried to think of a logical solution that could explain what I had just seen a solution that excluded the assumption that I was insane.
Bella Swan, Twilight, Chapter 3, p.59
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 10:54:43 PM »

Just let me know when your coming to Midway, and I guarentee we'll top last year.

k2quiere
Completely Haunted

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 10:56:54 AM »

Midway was definitely top-notch this year.  I've been crazy busy, and haven't written half of my reviews yet because I sit down, open this screen, see what you all are saying, and then I'm out of time. 

I've been to WOT, HH, Midway, Xtreme Fear, and back to WOT.

I just talked to my daughter, and I think we're gonna do Trotterville (since we've never seen it before) and Spookywoods on Thursday.  I'm thinking of heading down SC/Charlotte-way on Friday night.  That's not finalized yet, but it would surely be fun!  Maybe a trip into Reidsville on Saturday, since I'll be by myself.

I was afraid I'd only make it to one or two haunts this season, but winning the Monster Tour got the juices flowing  Cool

K2
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »

we're gonna do Trotterville (since we've never seen it before) and Spookywoods on Thursday.  

Me too!  Me too!  Hoping to get to SW as close as possible to 7pm, then Trotterville - this Thurs 10/18.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: