November 20, 2017, 09:49:47 PM
News: Visit a haunt in Virginia this season!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: New Members Welcome Area  (Read 68881 times)
Slappy
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2010, 04:59:16 PM »

HOLY CRAP!!!  I've always wondered where you disappeared to Neurotica!  Glad to have you back.
Neurotica

« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2010, 05:44:44 PM »

Well, alot of things have changed. I broke up with the guy from back then, met an amazing man, married him a year and a half ago, and am 5 months pregnant! I was in a funk a few years ago, when I deleted myself, but I was thinking about you guys and decided to come back! Looking forward to the haunting season of '10
Wickedwitch
Haunted

I have some not so Sterile Needles!

« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2010, 05:52:56 PM »

Hello my fellow Frightseekers.....It's so nice to be back!!! Sorry I have not been very active this past year. Nursing school has me pulling my hair out and I am good if I find 5 minutes to breath. I am soo happy to see so many new members and even more excited to see that the fright team has gotten even bigger this year.My boyfriend and I  planning on making out to a couple of haunts this year and one being at the top of our list is Hacker House! We are also going to Boogerwoods  in Rockwell for the first time this year and I can't wait!!  Hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying the fright season so far!!!

What can I say, I'm just a NIT.....
McTinkem

« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2010, 01:11:14 AM »

so my full name is Skippy McTinkem and I am new to haunting totally I was a fresh actor this year and cant wait for next season,I am completely addicted to Halloween and love every part of it, I love building props and mini sets at home and like doing makeup to see people cringe.

"Where there is no imagination, there is no Horror"
           Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Dr. Johnas Hacker
Completely Haunted

Give me a SPARKS!.. and I will let you live.

« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2010, 11:40:09 AM »

Welcome to the site Skippy

I will make you Scream yourself to sleep....
Slappy
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2010, 05:33:55 PM »

Skippy McTinkem, eh?  Sounds like a real "prince"...   Wink
McTinkem

« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2010, 08:41:19 AM »

more of a "Duke" if you ask me.

"Where there is no imagination, there is no Horror"
           Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Roadkill
Haunted

« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2010, 08:08:46 PM »

Welcome  Skippy....really>?  LOL  Cheesy
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2011, 12:10:11 PM »

New members it is awesome you have signed up to be part of this awesome community, that is only step 1, now all you have to do is start posting, there are tons of great threads to post in, but if you are a little intimidated you can start here, tell us how you found the community, tell us about you, tell us why you like haunted houses, tell us why you love Halloween. We are excited to have you as a member of this awesome community. Welcome Frightseeker.

You can run, but you cannot hide
Slappy
« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »

As a way of getting this thread rolling again, let's get people introducing and re-introducing themselves!

I'm Slappy, I currently work at Hacker House (so if you come there, be sure to look for me!)  I have been going to haunted houses for something like 30 years (no old comments!).  I am now a "Global Moderator" cause I don't take crap!   Grin  I eagerly anticipate my favorite holiday each and every year.  The cool weather, the colors, the smells, and the screams!  There's nothing better than Halloween!
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »

I'm handfulofrubies82. Live near Pilot Mountain. I love Halloween, obviously. Other than going to haunted houses, my favorite thing is to decorate for Halloween. Going around to all the stores with decorations is one of my favorite things to do. (I hope Target gets all their stuff out soon.)

I am obsessed with Pumpkins. Radiant_red will attest to that. They make me beam with happiness. My goal one day is to have a huge patch. I have the place for it, I just can't seem to grow them well.

I love photography.  I hope you all participate in my photo scavenger hunt! It was fun to put together! I'm looking forward to meeting more frightseekers this year.

I'm a UNC tarheel fan. I'm excited that college football has started! Go Heels!
Yay, its fair time!! Our little county fairs are starting this week, and about a month until the Dixie Classic. Footlong corn dogs, funnel cakes, caramel apples, grilled corn, apple fritters..who doesn't go for the food??

Also looking forward to Gravediggers Ball in Charlotte. Cobra Starship is going to be there. Its going to be so much fun!!!

Fortune Favors the Bold
~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2011, 05:30:36 PM »

Laaaaaammmmmeeeeeeeeee, introductions are bor-ing!

Just kidding!  Grin

I'm honey, or that crazy blonde.  I keep Slappy in check  Wink 

I'm a UNC-CH alumni (GO HEELS!) and a Steelers fan, and I get to work with animals all day at my job (grooming!)  I love being outdoors, and try to make a habit of mountain biking and camping when I can with Slappy.

I also work at Hacker House, and celebrate my favorite season (FALL!) every year with trips to the Farmers Market, RennFaire and Fest, the state and county fairs, and, OF COURSE, visiting haunts!  Nothing could be better than hot apple cider on a chilly night.   Smiley

I'm an avid reader, along with Slappy, so if anyone needs good recommendations for horror, sci-fi, or paranormal novels, just ask!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

*FrightSeeker and Hacker*
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »

I was not going to post here but now feel that I must so I can represent the largest and best university in our state.

I'm packbacker.  Lifelong NC resident- born in Winston-Salem and back to this "crazy" town.  I work in Davie County but my heart lies in Raleigh, NC.  Alumnus (multiple times!) of N.C. State University.  The only thing that can top my love of Halloween, haunted houses / spook trails, and the horror genre is the Wolfpack.  Football season ticket holder and will support my boys to hell (it's 20-30 miles west of Raleigh) and back.

I've done a bunch of long drives and stupid things to attend haunts....and I'm sure this year will be no exception.

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2011, 05:56:02 PM »

I'll reprint this from about 18 months ago...

Name's Badger and I own Rabid Badger Haunt Consulting www.rabidbadger.biz which specializes in consultations, designing haunted houses, training actors, and doing voice work for radio/TV commercials.  I've been working with haunted houses for over 30 years and have been acting in large haunts for over 10.  Over the years I have worked with haunts from the Carolinas to California.

In addition I  am a correspondent and 'Casket Crew' member for Rotting Flesh Radio www.rfrpodcast.com, the original haunt and horror industry podcast.  I've been lucky enough to interview actors, prop makers, bands, and many other people in this industry.  I also contribute a monthly segment called the Harbinger of Death which spotlights celebrity obituaries.

Lastly,  I run the Charlotte Zombie Walk www.charlottezombiewalk.net which holds an annual food drive and raises money for various charities.  

nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2011, 10:41:31 PM »

This is nctrembley0613, I love this forum.

October is my busiest and most chaotic month of the whole year, I aspire to run my own Haunted House one day, after winning the lottery of course LOL.  I love to visit the many variety of HH's NC has to offer, there is something here for every taste.  I am more hard core, scare-scare-scare you to death type of junkie, the more intense the better.  I am a total Halloween nerd, my husband gives me Halloween related gifts for birthday, Christmas, and Valentines Day, they are the best gifts ever.

My early attraction to all things Halloween began in the late 80's with a small but very gruesome Garbage Pail Kid collection, from then on, I was hooked on everything Horror (I even still have a few of those cards in my possession).  I love many forms of Horror flicks covering many decades, including the original Psycho, The Amityville Horror, Poltergeist, the original Child's Play and some of their squeals, The Silence of the Lambs, Wrong Turn, Cabin Fever, the most recent version of Dawn of the Dead, Paranormal Activity series...aahhh...I could talk about movies all night long, love them, and have undoubtedly left out some of my favorites in this list.

I have a very extensive personal collection of Halloween decorations/props/cool stuff collected over the last 6 or so years, we even acquired a shipping container for storage.  I believe in ghosts or afterlife energy and have a couple real life stories that directly involved me, truth is truth whether it is believed or not, there is a lot of speculation about the validity of "ghosts" and that is ok, I don't judge.

Looking forward to reading all of your posts and engaging in great conversations this season, let the reviews begin!!!

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Print
Jump to: