November 20, 2017, 03:59:24 PM
News: Visit a North Carolina haunt this weekend!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: New Members Welcome Area  (Read 68865 times)
Slappy
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »

Oh, there have been positive and negative reviews posted about pretty much every haunt on here.  It just so happens that most of the negative reviews were done with a severe lack of tact.  We all agree that fear is subjective, so not everyone will like every haunt.
k2quiere
Completely Haunted

« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2009, 06:11:47 PM »

Thanks.  I tried to be very tactful, and made sure that it was obviously my opinion with as much objectivity as possible.  If I am out of line, please let me know.

K2
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2010, 09:04:58 PM »

Name's Badger and I own Rabid Badger Haunt Consulting www.rbconsulting.biz which specializes in consultations, designing haunted houses, training actors, and doing voice work for radio/TV commercials.  I've been working with haunted houses for over 30 years and have been acting in large haunts for nearly 10.  Last year I worked with haunts in Charlotte, Greensboro, Wilmington, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Kansas City and Denver CO.   I was extremely fortunate to help design the "Ghost Ship" on the Battleship USS North Carolina which proved to be a smashing success.

In addition I  am a correspondent and 'Casket Crew' member for Rotting Flesh Radio www.rfrpodcast.com, the original haunt and horror industry podcast.  I've been lucky enough to interview actors, prop makers, bands, and many other people in this industry.  I also contribute a monthly segment called the Harbinger of Death which spotlights celebrity obituaries.

Lastly,  I run the Charlotte Zombie Walk www.myspace.com/charlottezombiewalk which holds an annual blood drive and raises money for various charities. 

Slappy
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2010, 05:35:58 PM »

Awesome Badger, glad to have you aboard! 

What haunts in Pittsburgh?  I'm originally from that area.
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »

I worked with Hundred Acres Manor.  GREAT haunt if you've never been...

Slappy
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »

Haven't been there, but I've heard about it.

I was from a bit north of Pittsburgh, and every year there were dozens of small haunted houses and haunted trails.  Now there's too much B.S. involved with haunt owning/haunt going.  Insurance, waivers, worker's comp, blah blah blah.  Everyone's so damn sue happy, it makes it hard to enjoy what we all love so much.  But that's why we're here, to show our support for those that go out there year after year, and keep doing it!
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »

. Now there's too much B.S. involved with haunt owning/haunt going.  Insurance, waivers, worker's comp, blah blah blah.  Everyone's so damn sue happy, it makes it hard to enjoy what we all love so much.  But that's why we're here, to show our support for those that go out there year after year, and keep doing it!

Once again Slappy, you said it best!

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
ReLlIK ThE KiLlEr CloWn
Completely Haunted

MaKeS ME LAfF!

« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2010, 11:12:05 PM »

Now there's too much B.S. involved with haunt owning/haunt going.  Insurance, waivers, worker's comp, blah blah blah.  Everyone's so damn sue happy, it makes it hard to enjoy what we all love so much.  But that's why we're here, to show our support for those that go out there year after year, and keep doing it!

Yeah, sorta ticks me off that people get mad about little stuff, sorta ruins a lot of the fun!
BUT WELL PUT SLAPPY!

I'm not a clown that makes you laugh, instead you MAKE ME LAUGH as you Scream in PAIN!
trucker_77

« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2010, 08:53:37 PM »

Hello everyone.My name is Scott im 41 and a proud father of 3 and stepfather of 4. Im a truck driver so I dont have as much free time as I would like to have doing the things I really enjoy doing like spending time with the family and of course going to the best haunts me and my wonderful bride to be can find.We were making plans for our trip to woods of terror when we came across nchaunts and we decided we had to join almost immediately.I think we will be visiting a few more places this year now.I grew up in New Bern NC and that is where I live now but never realized there were so many good haunts to see.I dont mind driving as long as its worth my while and its a good haunt.Well thats about all for now its been a pleasure meeting all of you and will be looking forward to sharing my experiances with all of you and hearing about yours as well.This is a very nice sight you have here and am proud to be a part of it.Thanks to all of you.

trucker_77
creepndeath

« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2010, 11:37:01 PM »

Wats up?Im new and im creepndeath im from new bern nc. I have a deep dark side to myself i love black and death metal i was in a death metal band 4 quite a few years i took drama and theatrical makeup in school and also computer design i wanted make horror/gore flicks until i had my 4 daughters me my fiance and my kids luv horror flicks and halloween im also wiccan i wouldnt make a good screaming chick i would definately luv to be the hunter craving the hunted

creepndeath the rigor mortis of your very soul~~
Slappy
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2010, 05:38:48 PM »

Welcome trucker_77 and creepndeath, glad to have both of you aboard.

All of our featured haunts are well worth the drive.  Just make sure to plan ahead, and try not to hit the big haunts on the last couple of weekends if you're pressed for time, because I guarantee they will be packed.  We also have several non-featured haunts that are excellent.  Check out the reviews section, it will give you a good idea of what to expect from each haunt.  Keep an eye out for our Spring Haunt (I hope!).  And be sure to spread the word!
trucker_77

« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2010, 07:03:19 PM »

Thank you for the nice warm welcome slappy.Eyeryone has made me feel right at home unlike most sites you join these days.

trucker_77
creepndeath

« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2010, 07:15:42 PM »

Thanx 4 a very awesome welcome im exploring evry inch of ur site

creepndeath

« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2010, 07:25:58 PM »

Hey slappy and karma and every1 so far i luv this site:-) i dont feel out of place i finally fit in i was always the weird scary kid and adult on the block! Everytime im here i get excited cause i find sumthing new thanx guys ur wickedly awesome

Neurotica

« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2010, 04:47:27 PM »

Hey! My name is Karen, and I was on here a few years ago as "Neurotica" then as well. Glad to be back! SO excited to see what is going on with everyone.  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Print
Jump to: