November 24, 2017, 03:34:55 PM
News: Join FrightSeekers for the inside info on haunts!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2012 Season Winding Down...  (Read 2356 times)
Slappy
« on: October 25, 2012, 02:14:59 PM »

Well Frightseekers, it's down to the last 1 or 2 weekends for haunts here in NC.  Some are open different nights, light this coming Sunday and Tuesday, to accommodate anyone who still needs to squeeze them into their schedule.  Then we hit the big night, Halloween Night!!!  So get out there, support your local NC haunts, and get your fright fix!

A very few haunts are still open next weekend, just in case anyone needs one more scream or laugh before the season comes to an *official* end. 

I hope everyone has enjoyed the 2012 haunt season with us this year.  The Review Team had a bit of a rough start, but we managed to get everything ironed out.  We've had some excellent reviews, and some great haunts this season.  Thanks to all the reviewers for all their hard work, and thanks to all the haunt owners for the opportunity to allow our reviewers to give their unbiased opinion on what you spend half of your life doing.

Thanks to NCAdmin for an awesome site and incredible forums.

And thanks to all of you who spent your hard-earned money to attend a local haunt this year.  These people really do put a lot of hard work, effort, and heart into their haunts (believe me, I know!).  You are what makes all that hard work worth it!

So get out there this weekend and have a great time.  And if you happen to be at Hacker House anytime in the remainder of the season, be sure to stop by and see Bacon and the Professor.  They're pretty nice guys, and for those of you "in-the-know", you know how hard they work this time of year.

Now, to start getting ready for 2013.....
screaming_diana
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 02:44:04 PM »

This makes me sad Sad.  I don't want it to end, but I'm already excited about Halloween 2013!!!!
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 03:55:22 PM »

Thanks, Slappy and to all the owners who let us reviewers have the opportunity to be FrightSeeker Reviewers and attend the haunts as well as allowing us to have fun and be scared! It is also nice that all of you let us give our unbiased opinions, not many other industries give people a chance to do that. We plan on going to some featured haunts, this weekend, we have not been able to go to in the past.  The plus side to this is that no one at those haunts know us so maybe we will we will be slightly braver rofl!    Wink

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
NCHadmin
Administrator
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »

This makes me sad Sad.  I don't want it to end, but I'm already excited about Halloween 2013!!!!

As Yogi said... It ain't over till its over!
This is (historically) the biggest weekend for haunts - lots and lots of scares, laughs, and screams are yet to be had.
So drag your body, bring a fiend, and scream this weekend with NCHaunts!

-NCHAdmin
(and Thanks Slappy!)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 05:33:10 PM »

Ditto sissy's remarks- thanks to y'all that do the behind the scenes work as well as the haunt owners/actors.  It's a helluva opportunity to be able to do this as well as a ton of fun (both the haunts themselves as well as these message boards).  Cheers to you guys!

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »

My take is to not just walk away until next Sept. The outing we had last month was great, we should go ahead and make plans to do something before the new year... keep everything going into next year...just my 2 cents.

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 05:52:02 PM »

Standing ovation to all of you!!! Clap, clap, clap!  Cheesy

nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »

2012 Haunt Season has been awesome - 3/4 into a full season and I say full on success!  Being a Reviewer is very personally rewarding and something to be proud of.  I've loved the opportunity all around.  I really come alive in Sept & Oct, my peers don't know if I'm "for real" or what...when I speak about our NCHaunts group and all the haunted houses in NC.

People think it is absurd that I drive 2+hrs 1-way to some of the greatest Haunted Houses EVER, I find nothing wrong with a little travel in the name of passion.  This stuff is totally normal to me, I find it strange when "normal" people give me that deer in the headlights look.  I know they walk away thinking "Who is she?" - and yes, I have been asked more times than I care to remember "You actually pay to get scared?" - I say, "Don't you?"

I'm thankful for each of you on this forum, for keeping the threads alive, and for loving Halloween period.  I say we all bleed NCHaunts Orange!  This weekend has me on pins and needles, pumped up, excited, ready ready ready ready for some good old fashioned Halloween Scares.  Thank the Great Pumpkin the weather is staging to be fantastic.

The greatest thing someone can give is their time - it's one of the few things you give but cannot take back.  I appreciate and envy the time Owners put into their Haunts all year long and especially appreciate when Owners and their Staff spend time on this forum.  I appreciate all the users who post and interact together and the tried-n-true ones who hold meet n greets and attend Haunts together.  Our time is precious - we've all set aside, sacrificed, juggled, and squeezed our time immensely to do what has been done this October (every October) and it makes me feel good to be part of it.

That's my piece of the pie.  I'm with whatever ya'll decide to do after the season winds down.  Like a lonely dark tree with no more colorful leaves to give, it's inevitable, Halloween will soon bow off the stage for 2012.  We need another meet-n-greet.  We need a spring Haunt.  We need a paranormal overnight somewhere.  We just need to stay active.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:52:49 PM by nctrembley0613 » Logged

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 06:44:57 PM »

Nctrembley, you said it! I broke my left wrist and a left rib the beginning of Octobe. At the e.r. I asked the doctor if I would be able to go to haunted attractions. He gave me this puzzled look and said, what? When I explained my passion and the importance of this time of year he started laughing told me officially he didn't advise it but to be very careful then patted me on the head like you do a little kid. Lol

On a side note waya, bethyboo and her husband and I have our own paranormal group and anyone is welcome to join us as long as they follow our rules. We have a good time and laugh a lot.

Slappy
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »

Well said folks, well said! 

If I remember correctly, there was a certain haunt that had an outstanding offer to allow a group of us to spend a night to check out his truly haunted miner's cabin.  I'm not sure if that offer still stands, but I'd be more than happy to find out.  Unless, of course, Sissy and Bethyboo have a better idea?

As far as get-togethers, I'm all in.  I really enjoyed the spring haunt we did a couple of years ago, and the small gathering we had back at the end of summer.  Perhaps we could get another haunt to let us have some fun?  Or maybe all-night bowling?  I know when I spoke with the people from The Grand Theatre, they offer full auditorium rental and private showings, but you have to have so many people, and it has to be in the morning. 

Regardless, I'm happy to hear so many people have had such a great time.  Thanks again to everyone involved.  Let's close this season with a bang!
bethyboo
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »

I think that would be cool.  Count me in if ya'll spend the night in the miner's cabin. Sounds very scary!
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 02:05:28 PM »

I think it would be fun too. I am sure you will all laugh at bethyboo and I but were used to it. Also we have a voice recorder and night vision video as well as a 3 million candle power infared light. Yes I said 3 million lol. We can bring all of it with us. Ooooo scary lol.

waya

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 02:46:22 PM »

I am all in, had a great time this season and want to thank everyone involved and all the hard work they put into it. Would love to get involved in anything coming up but let's hope Sissy stays in one piece.
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »

Waya! You are so lucky I love you even thogh you are a butter head. I added 'er' to the real word because of it being on the forum.  Tongue Tongue

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 04:54:48 PM »

Count me in for any "off-season" frightseeker gathering.  Had a lot of fun back before the year kicked off and it would be a shame to wait another 10 months to do that again. 

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: