November 17, 2017, 11:49:45 PM
News: Do something scary... go to a Haunted House!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: 2012 Recap  (Read 2172 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« on: November 01, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »

The goal was 20 this year....and I managed to exceed it!  We hit a lot but actually could have done more- Zombie Outpost was a dark, locked building when we arrived and Clayton Fear Farm had a line that stretched to Durham so we bailed.  Lots of miles on the car, lots of fun, a lot of screams (from at least one member of the group), and we got to meet some great people along the way.  I think I managed reviews for 19 of them.

I only jumped once all year.....congrats to Hell Hound Hollow!  A giant thank you to all the haunts, their actors, and the folks at NC Haunts who allowed me to visit this crazy number of attractions.

Haunts visited 2012

1.  Hacker House
2.  Horror Fields / Undead Paintball  *1st time visit*
3.  Haunted Pyramids
4.  Silver Valley Trail of Nightmares *1st time visit*
5.  Camp Fear
6.  Trotterville Horror
7.  Midway Wicked Woods
8.  Haunted Mill
9.  SC Fear Farm *1st time visit*
10. Wompus Woods *1st time visit*
11.  Slaughterhouse Horror Experience
12.  Castle of Horror
13.  Nightmare on Scales Street
14.  Campground Massacre
15.  The Forbidden Forest *1st time visit*
16.  Hell Hound Hollow *1st time visit*
17.  Boogerwoods
18.  Xtreme Fear
19.  Spookywoods
20.  Woods of Terror
21.  Mountain of Terror

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
NCHadmin
Administrator
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:23:04 PM »

Way to go packbacker !!

Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »

Hat's off to you man.... I would love to do "that" one year....

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Slappy
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 12:52:39 PM »

Very nice, thank you for all of your "hard work!"  Glad to hear you had a good time this season, as I know we had a great time scaring you. 
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 02:05:31 PM »

Thinking of doing a "best of" list once I've fully recovered so stay tuned.....  No "worst of" list though one place would probably sweep it... Wink  (No, not a featured haunt)

krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 03:19:41 PM »

Thats impressive!

nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 06:55:34 PM »

How many miles driven?

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »

This just in...old Packbacker  might not be done just  yet...If I have anything to do with it!

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »

Ended the season with a return trip to Hacker House.  Was supposed to re-visit Midway but was sound asleep before 9pm last night.  Sigh.

So by my tally mileage was 2024.62......without accounting for getting lost, food diversions, etc etc.  Probably a solid 2100.

So on to some awards:

Favorite of the season- Midway.  It just works for me from top to bottom and consistently the scariest IMHO

Most improved- Trotterville Horror.  Last year we just trudged through.  This year things were popping left and right and just so much better from actor number to skill to sets/props.   Honorable mention- The Haunted Mill.

Best prop- Clamzilla at Hacker House.  Honorable mentions to the gargoyle at Trotterville, the door at NOSS, the bed at COH, flatbacks at Boogerwoods, and snake head and subway at Spookywoods

Best 3D- Monster Manor at Haunted Pyramids. 

Best hayride attraction- Slaughterhouse Horror Experience

Best clowns- Midway Wicked Woods.  Honorable mention- SC Fear Farm

Best guides- Boogerwoods

Best new (for me!) experience- Forbidden Forest

Best maze- Slaughterhouse Horror Experience

Best actors- Hacker House  Honorable mention- Midway

Best parking- anywhere that's free.  Note that's 18 of the 21 we visited.

Best elevator prop- Xtreme Fear

Best slide- Mountain of Terror.  Honorable mention- Forbidden Forest

Best food- Midway....with the disclaimer that this is the only place I ate this year. 

Nicest touch- complimentary beverages at Camp Fear

Best one-liner of the year:  I'm sure I've forgot a bunch but
"Would you like to lick my pus?"  Hacker House
"Lick my bacon hammer of doom" Hacker House
"Your hair is sexier than my goat's"  Castle of Horror
"Normally someone has to pay to put their finger in there.  $2 please."  Hacker House
"Have you seen my cabbage patch kid?"  Hacker House
"You look like a chinchilla"  SC Fear Farm
"My baby urinates fun"  SC Fear Farm

Most unique experience- Forbidden Forest

Best single moment- seeing the two "graveyard girls" at Hacker House hand in hand backlit with some fog at their feet at the end of a tunnel.  In unison they broke and scampered towards us on all fours.  I literally had goose-bumps....just an amazing sight.

Thanks again to the owners, actors, frightseekers, and those that travelled with me this year.  It was a helluva season. 

Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 12:12:27 PM »

From all of us here at The Slaughter House Horror, we say Thank you. It's an honor to "win" a couple of your best of awards , not to mention the company you have put us with on that list says a lot to me about our haunt. Thanks for coming & sharing, and having a good time.
Slaughter

p.s.    Parking will ALWAYS be free at our haunt... just sayin.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:51:26 PM by Cousin Levi Slaughter » Logged

krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 05:36:37 PM »

Cant say thanks enough about being your best overall haunt! We do it for you guys

gatekeeper

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 06:55:24 PM »

From everyone involved with Midway Wicked Woods, thank you for coming out to visit us and giving everyone your opinion this year.  Thank you also for giving us some of your awards and great reviews which we appreciate. We feel honored to be involved with the featured haunts listed on this great web site.

We hope that all the frght seekers that were able to come visit us this year, had fun. Our clowns were waiting and watching for you to treat you the way only they can Cheesy

Jocelyn (ticket taker ) and Randy from Midway Wicked Woods.

Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »

I had a great season and wish to thank each and every one of the owners and staff and all the haunts I visited.  I certainly had my most successful year as a haunt consultant and have already been contacted by several haunts for 2013. 

A list of the 20 haunts that I visited this year include (in no particular order):

Not in NC
1. Netherworld - Atlanta, Ga
2. The Dent Schoolhouse - Cincinnati, Oh
3. Darksyde Acres - Jonesville, Mi
4. Jackson’s Underworld - Jackson, Mi
5. Erebus -Pontiac Mi
6. Realm of Darkness - Pontiac, Mi
7. St Lucifer's - Flint Mi
8. Exit 13 Haunted House - Mt Morris, Mi
9. The Crypt - Burton, Mi
10. Dimensions of Darkness - Maumee, Oh
11. Fear Factory - Findley, Oh
12. Hundred Acres Manor - Pittsburgh, Pa
13. The Scare-A-Torium - Columbus, Oh
14. Wompus Woods - Cowpens, SC

NC Haunts
1. Hacker House
2. Spookywoods
3. The Slaughterhouse Horror
4. Scarowinds
5. The Haunted Mill
6. The Haunted Pyramids

In addition, I worked with haunts in NC, SC, Florida, Missouri, and Ohio.  I hope they all had successful seasons.  I'm looking forward to a bit of a rest and then touring even more haunts across the country next season.  I think I met more members of NC Haunts this season than any other as well.  It was very cool to meet all of you and please keep in touch...

k2quiere
Completely Haunted

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »

This time of the season is always the most bittersweet.  I look back on all the fun that was had and am sad to know there are another 11 months before we get the chance against.  I never imagined I'd have so much fun being by myself, but being alone afforded me the opportunity to hook up and hang out with some other frightseekers, which was really cool! 

So, here are the haunts I visited this year (in almost the order of visit, although I may have confused a couple); *Top 5 are marked in order:

3) Woods of Terror (x3)
2) Hacker House (x2)
1) Midway Wicked Woods (x2)
Xtreme Fear
5) Spookywoods
Trotterville Horror (First-time visit)
SC Fear Farm (First-time visit)
Haunted Pyramids
Mountain of Terror
4) Castle of Horror
Nightmare on Scales Street
Slaughterhouse Horror Experience (First-time visit)

Of the new-to-me haunts this year, Slaughterhouse was definitely my favorite; the sheer ingenuity behind half of the things they do, especially on the "hayride" are top-notch!

I was once again impressed with our big haunts this year, and I hadn't been over the past couple of years; I hope they can hold my interest again next year!

I really hadn't made a decision about my top haunts throughout the season until this last week.  I thought being licked twice at Hacker House would take the cake, but I had to give top honors to those psychos out there at Midway.  They didn't make me scream, but there were a couple of times I really began to wonder whether my life was safe.  If not for Diana distracting them, I might not have gotten away unscathed.

I was so thoroughly entertained the entire season, so thank you to all the haunt owners, actors, and my frightseeking pals!  I'm already looking forward to next season!!

K2
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 07:42:35 PM »

This time of the season is always the most bittersweet.  I look back on all the fun that was had and am sad to know there are another 11 months before we get the chance against.  I never imagined I'd have so much fun being by myself, but being alone afforded me the opportunity to hook up and hang out with some other frightseekers, which was really cool! 

I would suggest attending a few of the conventions out there during the off-season as they will be touring haunts.  Mad Monster Party in Charlotte has a tour to the Haunted Mill planned and the Midwest Haunters Convention in Columbus Ohio is planning a trip to Michigan to Niles Scream Park and several other top-name haunts.  This very weekend in New Orleans the Legendary Haunt Tour is going to House of Shock,  13th Gate, and Necropolis 13 (wish I could go to that)

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: