November 24, 2017, 11:26:13 AM
News: Join FrightSeekers for the inside info on haunts!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: St. Albans Sanitarium, Radford VA  (Read 2521 times)
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« on: December 02, 2012, 01:51:21 PM »

My brother, Waya, and I went Christmas shopping in the Virginia Mountains yesterday and ended up in Radford, VA. We came across St. Albans Sanitarium, Radford VA, which is a well known and extremely haunted location. We decided to take some pictures of the outside and within a couple of minutes one of the security guys showed up. Wouldn't you know it, lol? Anyway, we started talking to him and he was very nice especially when he found out that we were a beginner paranormal group. He told us that there was another group doing an investigation that night and if we were interested we could talk to a woman who could help us arrange to investigate it. I was, of course, thrilled. We followed him to the back of the Sanitarium and parked. The woman he wanted us to talk to wasn't there yet, but the other paranormal group was and we had a lengthy conversation about the hauntings there with them. The woman arrived during this and turned out to be the owner's wife. She told us that we could arrange an investigation, we would need a minimum of 5 in our group and it would be $50.00 each. They have a security person attend the investigation with you and security patrols the outside during the investigation because the place is so haunted. She went on to tell us that Ghost Hunters, TAPS, did an investigation there and were coming back in 2013.

While she was talking I glanced into the highest window because I felt like someone was watching us. I saw a woman standing there and told the owner's wife this. She said that room was the Women's Suicide Ward and it was common to see her watching from the window. I saw her several more times during our conversation and so did my brother and one of the other paranormal groups members. Yep my knees started knocking lol.

Anyway, all this to say that we are planning on doing an investigation there and wanted to extend an invitation to any of the FrightSeeker's who would like to go with us. Not sure exactly when yet because of funds, but when we have a date a will post it.

DUDE IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
screaming_diana
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 10:20:16 PM »

I  would love to be a part of this with you but I think I would die from fear!!! I  want to hear all about it after you go though!!!!  How are you not absolutely terrified to do this?Huh 
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:00:08 PM »

To be honest, lol, I was pretty brave while taking the pics and talking to everyone on the outside. I was even brave seeing the woman staring out the window. I thought it was so awesome to be there and experience the little bit that we got to, however.............when I got home it was a little different. I live alone and got home about 1:00 a.m. and was watching a movie to wind down, of course it was a scary movie called, Episode 50. It is about some investigators at an asylum. Anyway, I pulled up the pics on my phone I took. At that point all I could think was, "How stupid are we? This place looks scary as sh** and I am going to go inside? No way, no how!!!"

With the light of day, I was again thinking how cool it would be and that is when I posted this invite. LOL

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: