November 23, 2017, 11:48:46 AM
News: Visit a haunt in Virginia this season!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Home Haunting  (Read 1184 times)
nightmarehaunter

« on: August 13, 2013, 11:49:56 AM »

It's that time again! Time to start working on the home haunt. This year, the Nightmare Factory Haunted House will be open for its 1st year. This is my 3rd home haunt I've done but this year we are starting a new thing and changing everything and I have new partners to work with. Check out our website at nightmarefactoryhauntedhouse.webs.com !! Other home haunters, how do you prepare for the haunt season?
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 06:48:36 PM »

So is this set up for trick or treaters Halloween only? 

The home haunt as a walk-through attraction was a new entity to me recently.  I encountered multiple decorated yards and some individual scares growing up (and dished them out when I aged out of trick or treating) but we never had a mini haunted house in the neighborhood so to speak.

I do the outside of the house up in spectacular "white trash christmas" style but don't have a walk through nor even sit outside to scare people myself.  Trick or treater count averages about 6.  LOL.

Looking forward to seeing the website updated....especially with photos!

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
nightmarehaunter

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 01:59:20 PM »

Yes, this is a full fledged mini-haunted house in a neighborhood. We have only about a 500 sq ft maze but it turns back on itself enough times to last up to 10 minutes. I will continue to add photos as we get closer to opening the haunt. We spend a good deal of money each year and take donations and donate half of them to charity. As for it being set up for trick or treaters, usually they make up the smallest percentage of people we have go through the haunt. Thanks for your interest!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: