November 22, 2017, 06:55:54 PM
News: Visit a haunt in Virginia this season!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Outdoor decorating  (Read 2940 times)
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 09:10:05 PM »

If you're into pumpkins, then you've probably seen the pumpkin hanging kits. You can find them at your local spirit halloween store, or you can probably make your own. I stumbled onto the blog of the people who created them, and the also have a youtube channel which has videos of displays people have created. I'm impressed with all the ideas people have had. Check it out if you have time. I think I'm going to have to get some of these!

http://www.enchantedjackolanterns.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/enchantedJOL

Fortune Favors the Bold
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »

You guys with fog machines, we have a 400 watt machine, 6-7 years old and we've turned it on and nothing came out. Maybe one puff. Is it clogged? We will clean it with vinegar and distilled water tomorrow, but we dont know what else to do with it. What is the average life span of these litttle foggers?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:05:04 PM by handfulofrubies82 » Logged

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 08:08:09 AM »

Not very long.  6 - 7 years is actually the longest I've heard of one surviving.  I realize you probably only use it during Halloween, but even then most of them only last a couple of years.  Cleaning may help, but more than likely it's history.
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 08:43:16 AM »

"MOST" of the time...
the problem is nothing more that the line carrying the liquid to the heating element is clogged with dyed fluid. Try the vinegar if that doesn't work,  reinstall fluid, plug it up, wait for it to get "hot" on the nozzle, then slam it up & down on the floor... I know this sound barbaric ...but  "sometimes it works"...I promise.... the "jar" of the impact on the floor will sometimes move the blockage  where the fluid can pass through, it it starts to work, but not correctly hold the button down & let it spray as long as it will in effort to clean out the blockage. 
If none of this works you have 2 options.. take it apart or junk it...
Hope some of this helps. Slaughter.

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 10:04:03 PM »

Has anyone started decorating outdoors yet? Anyone coming up with a new theme?

We're still trying to decide. I really like a strange, burton-esque yard, but we're also debating doing something with creepy dolls.

Fortune Favors the Bold
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 10:16:35 PM »

trying to wait until 10/1.  Outdoors will be heavy, heavy clown theme.  Inside will be more evil dolls. 

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: