November 24, 2017, 05:54:09 AM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Trotterville Horror - Archdale, NC  (Read 2076 times)
hauntoverload

« on: November 05, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »

Date Visited: 10/26/13

Scare Factor: 4.5/5 - This place is definitely off the beaten path. Way off. It's about 5 miles down the road from Spookywoods. We got to Trotterville around 9:30, and were pleased to see a short line. I was very surprised, as late in the season as it was. We waited 30ish minutes and went in. The building out front is like an old, run down barn, that you never actually go in. The demon actor out front and in the front room is awesome. The owner told me his costume cost $2400, and I believe it.  They had heavy metal playing, concessions, and more. The queue gave off a really good vibe. After driving into the backwoods, you felt ready to be scared.

Actors: 4/5 - Most of these guys were great. They all knew what they were doing. The clown in the queue line was hilarious! Even if a little inappropriate. He told me, and these are exact words, "You're a pretty good looking guy. Don't EVER have sex though. Kids suck. I hate mine. The pull-out method does not work. And you don't want to risk gonorrhea or aids." I was laughing out loud, but I couldn't believe he had just said that. Be wary of this guy if you have younger kids, but if not, have some fun with this guy. He's HILARIOUS. The actors in the haunt were great. The actors in the mazes sent you wrong ways, the cemetery actors stalked you through the whole section, the actors in the cornfield were great. All of the actors were relentless. A few weren't as great, though. Some couldn't sell their scare, and looked tired and bored. Other than that, they were awesome.

Set Design/Props/FX: 4.5/5 - Pretty good for an old school haunt like this is. There weren't a lot of animatronics, but two really stuck out to me. The grandma in the bed and the gargoyle scene at the end. The gargoyle at the end - it got me. And it's hard to get me. Also, they had some of the loudest chainsaws I have ever heard! But somehow, they can't be at all heard from the queue, which I liked. The cornfield looked great - there was a tower in the middle with a fire going on top of it, and it cast a eerie glow on the foggy corn - it looked awesome! The corn was a good 10 ft tall, and the actors did a great job of using it, not just in the corn, but throughout the whole haunt.

Length: 5/5 - This haunt is L O N G. Two mazes, a TON of trail makes for a LONG haunt. We had no trouble in either of the mazes and it still took us a good 45 minutes. No hayride or anything, 45 minutes of straight in your face scares. It's worth the money, especially for the length. Get lost in both mazes, heck you could spend 1 hour 30 minutes in this thing. It goes straight out and straight back, somewhat, and you cover a LOT of ground. It's seriously a long trail. We came out exhausted, which I see as a good sign after a haunt.

Value - 4/5: It's $20 on weekends, which isn't bad, but weeknights are only $15, which is a steal for a place like this. They had cheap and good concessions, also. If you can get coupons, then it's a great deal.

Overall - 4.5/5: This place has been around for a while, but it's good. It is just now a featured haunt, and it earned it. They are right down the road from Spookywoods and only 20 minutes from X-Treme Fear, so they have some competition, but still do a good job. This place is going to be good - really good. They have their stuff down pat. They love what they do. They also have one of those last ride coffin simulators, and you can watch the people in it which is entertaining. This place is really a lot of fun, and it has some really good scares. If your looking to have some fun, and get scared, this is the place for you. Give them a try, you WILL NOT regret it.

Other - FREE PARKING! Good and cheap concessions. Line wasn't bad.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: