November 25, 2017, 12:46:59 AM
News: Do something scary... go to a Haunted House!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: It's quiet in here........  (Read 2290 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« on: June 29, 2014, 08:33:09 PM »

Anyone around?

What's going on?  Anything interesting?  Watching any cool tv/horror films?  Summer plans?  Fall plans?  Hello?  Wink

Casually starting to look at haunts for the fall.  After hitting so many last year I think the numbers will be lower this year.   There were a lot that I went to that I wouldn't spend money re-visiting for several years.  Trying to decide what would be the best plan this year:
a)  go to less and save $
b)  a mountain / western NC trip
c) coastal NC trip
d) Virginia trip
e)  a different sketchy SC trip

Hope y'all are having a great summer!

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Slappy
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:05:42 PM »

Hmm, you could always take a big road trip, and head to one of the larger haunts in the US. Netherworld, Headless Horseman, or something like that?
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 09:23:54 PM »

Ive considered it......my ideal would be Blackout in NYC.  Problem being work and football.....precludes overnights for the most part.  But not ruling that out!

Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 10:08:40 AM »

The Atlanta area is close enough and absolutely worth it for long weekend trip.

These are a few I can think of off the top of my head

Netherworld
Chamber of Horrors - both in Atlanta
13th Gate - Newnan Ga
Gates of Misery - Rome Ga
Creepers - Smyrna Ga

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »

Any other VA haunts within a reasonable (<3hr one way from Triad) driving distance?  We did Major Graham's last year and loved it.  I've found a half dozen or so new (to me ) SC ones we could do but after the results last year.....eh not high on my list. 

Anyone know about St Alban's Sanitorium?
http://stalbans-virginia.com/2014/08/house-havoc-admission-2014/

Preliminary planning and said I wasnt going to schedule as many as last year.  Already at 20 with at least a half dozen more I need to add.  Hmmm.

ngbomb2872
Haunted

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 03:29:43 PM »

That looks interesting, I have not heard anything about it until you just mentioned it.  Has anyone heard anything or actually been to Universal Studios HHN?  I've considered it for several years and am actually seriously considering going this year.  I would just like to get as much feedback as possible since it would be a costly trip...
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 09:47:12 PM »

someone on the boards did universal 2-3 years ago.  Not sure if you can search messages that far back or not.  Sorry dont have more info

ngbomb2872
Haunted

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 04:53:11 PM »

Ok, thanks for responding anyways.  I've heard some mixed reviews from other sources, but I think I will just see for myself and give it a try this year since I've been wanting to go for several years now.
NCHadmin
Administrator
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 11:02:19 AM »

Recommend going during the middle of the week, if possible. 
If possible, get the vip/fastpass upgrade. 
The lines to the haunts and events are extremely long. 
On weekends, the lines can be several hours for the new haunts without the fastpass.
-NCHAdmin
ngbomb2872
Haunted

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 07:09:14 PM »

Ok, thanks for the information.  I was looking at going on a Wed/Thurs night and getting one of their passes that will allow me to go both nights for about $90.  I figured that way I should be able to get to everything over the course of two nights without a fast pass.  Thanks again!
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 08:43:05 PM »

I definitely reccomend getting an upgrade if you can. We went a few years ago and I was let down by the "herd everyone through" mentality. The sets are amazing and there is a ton of detail to look at that is great. Don't expect to be scared though. On the night we went, we went in every house in a continous line and saw every scare happen ahead of us. I would say get there as soon as the park re-opens for the night. We got in about 30-45 mins after and waits were already 30-45 minutes and 2hrs in, waits were about and hour to and hour and half per house. I loved the scare zones across the park; they really do them right, don't skip them.  If I go back, I think will do the lights on tour of three houses during the day. I'd really like to be able to spend some time looking at all the awesome detail they put into the design.

Fortune Favors the Bold
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »

Anyone in here been to the 13th Gate in Baton Rouge, Louisiana? House of Shock is also in Louisiana, but I don't agree with all their themes. The 13th Gate and The Mortuary look good.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 10:42:23 AM »

Anyone in here been to the 13th Gate in Baton Rouge, Louisiana? House of Shock is also in Louisiana, but I don't agree with all their themes. The 13th Gate and The Mortuary look good.

This is House of Shock's last year in operation.  If you plan on going, you better do it this year

krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 07:12:42 PM »

Wow that sucks, that's the always been the one place I've wanted to go to and there is no way I can make it there this year.

handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 06:56:18 AM »

Some of you that like the extreme haunted houses, have you read this article? I've known of Blackout NYC for a few years now, but I didn't know there were a handful of other places like it. http://ravenblackcat.com/blog/2013/10/21/the-5-most-extreme-haunted-houses-in-america

Fortune Favors the Bold
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: