November 23, 2017, 10:40:15 PM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: 2014 Halloween Merch  (Read 1354 times)
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« on: July 07, 2014, 04:43:12 PM »

Hey guys,
I thought I'd start this thread. If you're out and about and see some Halloween stuff on the aisles, I'd like to know. I've seen some Halloween burlap, and ribbon at Michaels, but that's about it. I've read on other message boards that Garden Ridge has their Halloween merch out and Hobby Lobby also has some.

Fortune Favors the Bold
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 05:48:41 PM »

I noticed today that Spirit has the address listings for their stores up now.  I have not driven by the one in Winston to notice if they are up or running or not.

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
NCHadmin
Administrator
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »

Costco has good quality poseable skeletons for $38.  Also nice halloween lanterns.
-NCHAdmin
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 08:47:28 PM »

Homegoods has their merch out now. If you like inside home decor, you have to go by Salem Creek in Winston Salem. (694 Hanes Mall Blvd, Winston-Salem) They have a lot of Halloween and Fall decorations.

Fortune Favors the Bold
NCHadmin
Administrator
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »

fwiw - saw the Spirit sign on Peters Creek, south of Winston, in the same shopping center as Harbor Freight.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 09:01:50 PM »

picked up 2 of the costco skeletons and going in search of spirit tomorrow night!

handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 09:07:14 PM »

what are your plans for the skellies?

Fortune Favors the Bold
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 06:43:04 PM »

wow the w-s spirit is in the old K-Mart.....that's a huge space!

costco skellies- TBD. 

screaming_diana
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 08:59:33 AM »

I was in Ross yesterday and they have some really neat Halloween decor for great prices.   They had wreaths, candles, pumpkins, table cloths, lanterns and candle holders, skulls, and all kinds of other exciting Halloween stuff.
Slappy
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 10:01:31 AM »

Most places are starting to put out their fall and Halloween decorations. Garden Ridge is packed with Halloween and fall stuff (and Christmas decorations, already too). Lots of neat stuff there. Home Goods and World Market have some stuff out. Home Goods always has some very original items. I didn't know Ross carried decorations like that, might have to check it out.

Pumpkin Spice is back at Starbucks!
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 07:48:57 PM »

First Spirit visit tonight.....and I made it out without purchasing something.  It's a first!

Think labor day I'm going to canvas some winston-salem places to see what is out there and will report back.  Party City often has some decent stuff....

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 07:52:01 PM »

btw pumpkin beers are out in full force.  Total Wine had at least 15 types the last time I was there....and that was a few weeks ago.  Will post an update on that one too.

handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 01:22:25 PM »

If you're into decorating the inside of your house, like halloween  stuff for shelves or table setting decorating, etc... try Salem Creek in Winston. Mayberry Trading post downtown Mt. Airy has a good selection of decorative stuff

Fortune Favors the Bold
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 05:15:43 PM »

So, I just went to Spirit. I absolutely loved the large Pumpkin Nester and his sayings. I liked the roaming doll. I liked the witches lantern and the tombstone creepers/poppers.

Fortune Favors the Bold
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 06:51:54 PM »

Some observations........all in Winston-Salem so your mileage may vary around the state.

Wal-Mart- no decorations out yet. 

Target- costumes out, a handful of decor. 

Factory Card Outlet- store has closed!

Michaels- a good variety of artsy-fartsy, classy, and routine decor.  They already have a lot of stuff 30% off....so yeah I dropped some $.

Party City-  costume wall is up and most of the decor is out.  Got a fantastic clown head on a meat hook.  Wooo!

Halloween and More- (Thruway shopping center) costumes and decor. Decor is severely overpriced.

Big Lots- basically all the same decor as last year.  They do have some nice durable outdoor mats at a good price.

K-Mart- costumes are out.  Decor is only partially out.  Nothing super exciting yet.

Total Wine- at least 23 different pumpkin beers if thats your thing. 

Spirit Halloween-  the usual crazy stuff.  No purchases........................yet.

Walgreens, as crazy as it sounds, has gotten a lot of Hallowene biz from me in the past.  have not checked them out yet.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: