November 25, 2017, 02:48:17 AM
News: Join FrightSeekers for the inside info on haunts!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lake Hickory Haunts- Hickory, NC  (Read 672 times)
sam@butchershop

The Butcher

« on: September 29, 2014, 08:27:06 PM »

Scare Factor: 5/5- As soon as you pull into the parking lot you get the vibe it is going to be scary. It is way out in the country and you buy your tickets at an old run down convenient store. Then you walk down a hill into a deep valley where you approach the midway. There are a couple actors that are beginning the scares in the crowd. Throughout the trail, boat adventure, circus, and house; the scares seem relentless. Most of the actors seemed to set a personal goal to scare the least scared people within our group, and succeeded multiple times. The circus was insane with all the in your face scares and surprises. Throughout the whole haunt, i was on the edge of my seat.  

Actors: 5/5- The actors were unlike any I had ever seen before. I never saw anyone break character and was convinced that they were born the way they were acting. Very enthusiastic, professional, scary, unique characters with unique voices and characteristics.

Set Design/Props/FX:5/5- This places has details upon details. I never saw a spec of dullness/plainness anywhere. Each and every costume was detailed from head to toe. Many had contacts, teeth, makeup under silicone masks, gashed faces, no eyes, etc. One thing that stood out to me was that the clowns all had matching clown shoes with their costume as well as gloves. I never saw any skin under costumes or masks. Throughout all the scenes you are put right in the middle of the action and feel surrounded. The FX are ridiculous, many of the characters were mic'd and sounded amazing. The parade was cool with 15 unique parade vehicles which were awesome. The props surround you and are great quality. The lights, amount of fog, strobes, scents, ceilings, paint, buildings, wall textures, and even floor/ground textures matched the scenes. The professionalism is like no other.

Length:5/5- The trail takes about 15-20 minutes, the boat ride takes a little less than 5, the circus takes a little over 5, and the building takes about 30. This does not include the midway. I was entertained from the beginning to the end.

Value:5/5- For $15.00 you get WAY more than you pay for, the price does not match the quality. It is well worth it. Fast pass tickets are $22.00 but the line wasn't too bad while we were there.

Overall:5/5- This is one of the best and most unique haunted attractions I have ever seen. I have never been to a haunt that included a midway with games and a DJ, a trail, a boat ride, 2 shacks, a circus, and a large central building. Lake Hickory Haunts is definitely worth the trip and price, it is only a 3 year haunt which is extremely surprising. They are going places for sure.

Other: If you're the type of person who likes to get the most out of their experience; bring money to play Dracula's Dizzy Darts, The Monster Mash, and for concessions. Oh, and parking is free, organized, and has a lot of space!

Sam
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: