November 23, 2017, 10:54:10 PM
News: Visit a haunt in Virginia this season!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Haunted Mill - Belmont, NC  (Read 759 times)
hauntednorcak
Haunted

« on: September 27, 2014, 08:41:59 AM »

Date Attended: 9/26

Scare Factor: 3.5/5 - This was my first trip to the haunted mill. There was certainly an eerie atmosphere about the old mill. We had virtually no wait, we got there early and were one of the first people there. The guy working out front was great! He asked for all of our names, and I knew exactly what he was going to do. We were being called by name throughout the haunt. Certainly a creepy effect. The outside is nothing extravagant, but gives off a creepy vibe. I knew it was going to be a fun haunt.

Actors: 4.5/5 - These guys were crazy! They were absolutely relentless. They never held back. They would follow and attack you if they saw any sign of weakness or fear. A few standouts were the guy outside, the guy with the skill saw, the ring girl, and the chainsaw guy outside. There was only one actor who came off as bad. In the room with the skill saw guy, she was chained to a bed and would yell "help, get me out of here, he's gonna kill me" but said it with the most bored voice. She really acted like she didn't want to be there, and I didn't like that. Other than that, the actors were great. They were loud, in your face, intense, and relentless. The chainsaw guy would chase you as long as you kept running. Actors here are really loving what they do and do a great job of it.

Set Design/Props/FX - 4.5/5 - It was indoors, so obviously there were some really great sets. There was one part that I though was a long bare spot...I was very wrong. The sets are very, very detailed. The sets reminded me of a really high budget attraction, they rivaled some of the best I had been to. Clearly a lot of time was put into designing these. At the beginning, the cool mist blasting on your face. There is one animatronic that gets really close. It comes falling out of this box and is inches from your face. It was hilarious watching the guy in front of me almost get hit! No disappointments here.

Length: 3/5 - It's indoors, so obviously it is not long. There is not a single bare spot inside the haunt, and it is in your face the WHOLE ENTIRE time, from the moment you enter the door. I wish it could be longer! Don't expect to be in here too long, but expect what time you're in there to be in your face, nonstop.

Value: 4/5 - Its $15, which is a good deal. No complaints about money spent here. It's indoors, so space is obviously limited. You don't feel like you were robbed when you leave, even though its not the longest haunt of all time. The scares are in your face the whole time and it feels like you get a full experience and get your money's worth non stop throughout the whole thing.

Overall: 4.5/5 - The Haunted Mill is one of the more intense haunts I've been to. There are a lot of in your face scares, and they pride themselves in them. The actual mill is an awesome location for a haunt, it gives off a creepy vibe the moment you pull up. The actors are relentless, and will stop at nothing to scare you. It's not one of the longest I've been two, but they make it worth it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:19:20 PM by collinmatt9 » Logged

Whatever you do, don't fall asleep.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: