November 20, 2017, 06:35:30 AM
News: Visit a North Carolina haunt this weekend!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ripley's Haunted Adventure - Gatlinburg, TN  (Read 798 times)
hauntednorcak
Haunted

« on: October 07, 2014, 02:46:28 PM »

I attended this a while before this haunt season, and wanted to write a review but never did. So here it is.

Ripley's Haunted Adventure

Scare Factor: 2.5/5 - Obviously, its not in a scary location. Its in the middle of the downtown, main drag of a big tourist town. However, the building looks awesome. We went in as a group of 5, which I was happy about, considering a few years ago when I went to the Ripley's Haunt in Myrtle Beach I went in as a big group, probably 10 deep.  The little ride thing up to the start of the haunt it awesome, and adds a creepy vibe. The actual haunt is pretty good; there's a lot of pop scares and some awesome prop scares. They pack as much punch as they can in here. It's probably one of the better touristy, year round haunts there is.

Actors: 4/5 - There aren't a huge number of actors here. The actors that are there, however, are very enthusiastic and do a good job of scaring you.  They do a good job of menacing and stalking you. However, your mileage may very in this section. There are different numbers of actors there every day, so if you go on a day where there aren't as many actors your experience may be different. The chainsaw guy at the end was really good.

Set Design, Props, FX: 5/5 - This is a year round haunt with a lot of money, and they have some truly awesome props and sets in there. The cage scene is awesome, the ride up to the haunt is awesome, the facade of the building is awesome, the body bag/slaughter house room is awesome. There are also a lot of very, very dark sections in this haunt.

Length: 2/5 - Not the longest, but they don't have a lot of room to work with, and they make good use out of what they have.

Value: 3.5/5 - It's $14, which is an okay price. It's something to do during the off season, and it's pretty fun too. It would be more worth it if it were a bit longer and there were a couple more actors.

Overall: 3.5/5 - Its a pretty fun thing to do during the off season. It's worth a try in if you're in the area. Group size is usually fairly small, you get a lot of attention from the actors. Its not the scariest, but it's pretty entertaining. Give it a shot if you're in the area.

Whatever you do, don't fall asleep.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: