November 22, 2017, 04:22:24 AM
News: Join FrightSeekers for the inside info on haunts!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Trunk or Treat Phenomenon  (Read 496 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« on: October 19, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »

We were talking about this last night while driving between trails.  To me it seems that traditional trick or treating is disappearing rapidly.  I see notices of trunk or treat everywhere and it just makes me sad.  Halloween was always a special night growing up.  We'd get dressed in costumes and go see some family friends and then my parents would (when we were old enough) let us roam the neighborhood.  There were a few houses that went all out.....including one guy chasing 7 year olds with chainsaws.  Instead of this I now see kids in daylight getting candy from car trunks.  It just kinda makes me sad.

I understand in situations where you live in BFE pr apartment complexes and can't go door to door trick or treating but trunk or treat at the church on 10/29 just seems wrong to me.  Anyone out there have any opinions?  Safety reasons, convenience, or kids prefer it?  The whole thing just baffles me to no end unless this is the only opportunity kids would have otherwise.

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
screaming_diana
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 11:00:04 AM »

It does kinda take the magic out of Halloween.  My guess is it's easier to dump your kids off in a parkinglot during the day.  Perhaps many people do both trunk or treating and trick or treating.  More candy that way  Smiley  .  I don't have kids so I don't really know but the magic of Halloween is lost when kids pick up candy from the trunk of a car, in a parkinglot, during the day, 3 days before Halloween.  Yep I agree it's sad.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: