November 22, 2017, 12:45:30 AM
News: Visit a haunt in Virginia this season!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My Completely Awful Scarowinds Experience  (Read 532 times)
hauntednorcak
Haunted

« on: October 20, 2014, 09:19:32 AM »

I (mistakenly) went to Scarowinds last night. My group decided to check it out (my recommendation was to go to Spookywoods) so I decided I might as well check it out. I got there, and we shelved out $15 to park (probably the scariest part of the night). The street actors and actors in the scare zones are absolutely horrible. Putting your hand in my face doesn't scare me! It's annoying as hell! I probably had 15 actors stick their hand in my face and clap with their clacker gloves. It's the most annoying, unscary things you can possibly do. The mazes look awesome, but when you go through as a group of 20 there's absolutely zero scare factor. The rides are the best part at night, yet be prepared to wait an hour for each one (surprising because it was a Sunday night). I was actually bored walking through the scare zones and around the park, and annoyed. I ended up leaving a little before 11, bored to death and disappointed that I spent a total of $65 for the worst Halloween experience in NC. If you are even thinking about going to Scarowinds, DO NOT DO IT!

Whatever you do, don't fall asleep.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 12:55:44 PM »

Sounds like my experience 3 or so years ago.  I've boycotted it since.  The livestock experience is not for me.  Sorry to hear about your bad trip.....but now you know! 

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
hauntednorcak
Haunted

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »

Sounds like my experience 3 or so years ago.  I've boycotted it since.  The livestock experience is not for me.  Sorry to hear about your bad trip.....but now you know! 

I won't be going back for a while. I felt like I was robbed of $55. I would rather spend my money elsewhere, and save the time it takes to be there.

Whatever you do, don't fall asleep.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: