November 17, 2017, 06:12:57 PM
News: Visit a haunt in South Carolina this season!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cedar Point's Hall-O-Weekends - Sandusky OH  (Read 535 times)
Badger
Completely Haunted

« on: October 20, 2014, 12:39:47 PM »

Date attended: 09/28/14

Scare Factor: 2/5 - Cedar Point is the flagship of the Cedar Fair theme parks and one would assume they put a lot of money into it's Halloween event.  They have plenty of scary roller coasters and those screams combined with those going through the haunts made for a nice scene.  Unfortunately, I went on a Sunday when the park closed at 8:00pm so their Hall-O-Weekends event was not in full effect.  However, the indoor haunts opened at 3:00pm and legendary musicians Midnight Syndicate were in residence for the season (this marked the first time in their history that MS has played live and it was the main reason I went)

Actors: 4.5/5 - I will admit, I only went to three of the five haunts, but the actors in these were really on their game.  Starting with G.A. Boeckling's Eerie Estate, then Zombie High School, then Hexed, the acting only got better.  Eerie Estate had some amazing (s)characters that interacted with you intensely and at the time of this writing, Hexed has had the best actors of ANY haunt I've been to this season.  Their constant theme and tension building was most effective and the payoff was intense.  Loved it.  There are actors working with the Midnight Syndicate show (Legacy of Shadows) and they do their parts in a VERY cool way.  They made the show as cool as it was.

Set Design/Props/FX: - 4/5 - As the flagship of all the Cedar Fair parks, they sink some money into these haunts.  While the main areas of the park were not made up too terrible much (frankly, Scarowinds is done up better) the haunts themselves are fantastic.  Every haunt started slow and built up the tension nearly perfectly.  I would have loved to have experienced the story of 'Zombie High' before we went through and I could have spent hours studying the rooms in 'Hexed'.

Lengths: 4/5 - You don't come here as part of a multi-haunt tour.  You come here to stay all night, ride the rides, go through the haunts, play the games, eat, etc.  This is a destination haunt.

Value: 2.5/5 - It's still expensive no matter how you slice it.  Prices range from $40-45.00.

Overall: 3.4/5 - Parking is $15-$25 depending on where you want to park.  food and merch is plentiful. LOTS of entertainment options available and many of the rides operate after dark.  Cedar Point is a place to visit at least once in your life for the amazing roller coasters.  Even better if you get there during the fall and take advantage of the Hall-O-Weekends events. 

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: