November 21, 2017, 01:09:01 AM
News: Visit a haunt in South Carolina this season!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Movie: "The Houses October Built"  (Read 790 times)
hauntednorcak
Haunted

« on: July 22, 2015, 04:16:05 PM »

I was looking for a horror movie to watch on Netflix, and came across "The Houses October Built". It had one star, but it still sparked my interest. The plot is about a group of friends traveling around the country to visit as many haunts as they can in order to find the "most extreme haunt" that makes them feel like haunts made them feel when they were kids; where they couldn't tell if its real or not. They film their way through the haunts, and travel around, interviewing workers and owners. As they travel, increasingly strange things begin to happen. And from there, I dont want to spoil the rest of the movie. For haunt goers like us, its a unique horror movie. Anyone who has seen it...what do you think? I recommend watching it, its a good thriller.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 02:17:38 PM by collinmatt9 » Logged

Whatever you do, don't fall asleep.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 08:48:54 PM »

A group of us watched it last year....or maybe early this year (the memory goes when you get older.....).  I loved the premise but felt the execution failed miserably.  There were a few good scares but it just fell flat.  Maybe I need to give it a second chance but I remember a distinct feeling of being let down. 

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
hauntednorcak
Haunted

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 12:20:49 PM »

A group of us watched it last year....or maybe early this year (the memory goes when you get older.....).  I loved the premise but felt the execution failed miserably.  There were a few good scares but it just fell flat.  Maybe I need to give it a second chance but I remember a distinct feeling of being let down. 

After re watching, I realize it doesn't have the best payoff. Maybe I was just so enthralled with the whole "haunted attraction" aspect that I didn't care about anything else in the movie.

Whatever you do, don't fall asleep.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: