November 23, 2017, 02:23:21 AM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tormented Nightmares- Black Mountain, NC  (Read 418 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« on: October 09, 2016, 09:59:21 PM »

Tormented Nightmares
Date visited: 10/8/2016

http://www.tormentednightmares.com/

Scare Factor: 3.5/5
I have to admit I jumped.  That's not easy.  It happens 1-3 times a year.  I rounded a corner and got caught completely off guard so bravo!  A fair number of the scares were easy to see coming so the anticipation factor waned a bit but to the actors credit they did a good job of selling it and pursuing customers after the fact.  The chainsaw finale fell a bit flat with no pursuit down a long, long, long hallway.  

Actors: 4/5
These guys did a solid job.  Very few settled for just a pop scare.  The actors loved to interact with customers and there were multiple speaking roles.  We had a few pursue us into another scene and utter some great one-liners.  

Props/Sets/Fx:  3.5/5
There weren't any huge props but their sets were solidly decorated.  There was a church scene with bleeding crosses that you don't see everyday.  A fun meat counter / deli case replete with butcher made me a happy fanboy.  It's set inside an old warehouse/factory so there are walls channeling you from scene to scene but the walls are decorated well.  Several had ominous writing on them in appropriate bloody colors.  Costumes were solid across the board.  There were a few air props and sound triggers but no large animatronics that I remember.  

Length: 2.5/5
See the value section below.  The haunt took about 15 minutes to complete.  It didn't have dead sections, kept us entertained, and looked good but that length with that ticket price don't jibe well.  Length is fine with lower prices.

Value: 2.5/5
Tickets vary from $13-20 based on the date you attend.  We paid $18 on Friday night.  While I enjoyed myself immensely I think the attraction as it stands now is too short for ticket prices over $15.  It's an incredibly promising young haunt with a lot of fun scenes but you get done way too quickly for high prices.

Other:
Free parking!  The haunt is a bit difficult to find with no visible road signage.  There was a large generator with lights in the parking lot so we could notice it.  They said better signage was coming....  I don't remember seeing concessions or merchandise for sale but we were moving quickly to hit a second place that evening so I didn't look hard.

Overall: 3/5
Drop the price and this trail is a no-brainer.  It's still fun despite the price tag but in it's current iteration it's just not a $18-20 experience.  It looks good, has some talented staff, and has room to grow.  

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: