December 18, 2017, 09:49:29 AM
News: Do something scary... go to a Haunted House!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Review  (Read 30072 times)
Slappy
« on: October 07, 2007, 02:36:55 PM »

I already posted this in another thread, but I thought I'd put it here as well, along with some actual ratings.

Okay, first official review.

Last night my girlfriend and I went to Hacker House.  First I want to thank Cliff (the owner) for going out of his way to show us a good time.  And I actually got to meet a fellow Monster Tour winner, Isabella.

Now for the actual review.  First, the atmosphere was awesome.  Lots of fog, plenty of people walking around and interacting with you while waiting in line, and Vash (sp?) was awesome.
The Hellevator rocked.  Very good addition that wasn't there the last time I visited, and very cool.  There were portions both inside and outside, and all were very good.  Let me just say that the smell in the room with all the body parts was...well...right on.  It actually made me slightly nauseous.  I liked the bathroom scene, the swamp scene, and two  girls, one dressed as a Voodoo priestess (or witch doctor) and one dressed as the nurse from "Silent Hill" were incredible.  A lot of great costumes, was well as interesting characters and personalities there.  The maze can actually get a bit disorienting, but there was always someone there to "point" us in the right direction.  Good use of props, air cannons, lighting (or lack thereof), smells, fog and distinct personalities.

All in all we had a great time and I would definitely recommend it!

Next time, just make sure I get to see the electrocution...lol

And for some ratings, based on some suggestions straight from Admin:

Scare Factor:  5 out of 5.  I'm giving a good scare factor rating, because for the first time in years, I actually jumped several times at a haunt.  Gotta give something for that.

Actors:  5 out of 5.  Very good characters, all unique.  And they managed to stay in character while improvising on the fly.

Set/Design/Props/FX:  4 out of 5.  Some very good sets with awesome props.  Even good smells.  Some things I've never seen before (bathroom scene was awesome, again).  I have to deduct a point because I didn't get to see the electrocution.

Length:  5 out of 5.  I think for all the more Hacker House costs, the length was perfect.  It takes quite a while to walk through the whole thing, so I was actually impressed by the length.
Slappy
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 03:01:55 PM »

I want to add that this review has nothing to do with the owner/operator of Hacker House.  It is simply my personal opinion on my experience as a Monster Tour winner.
Isabela

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 12:33:02 PM »

I would have to agree with your rating. For effects, it was definatly a 5/5. Though, I have to admit that fact that the electric chair wasn't working was kinda a disappointment. The costumes were 5/5. The actors were great but I couldn't help but notice some of them were missing: Birdie, Stepheno. Anyway, I would highly recommend this haunted house. If your in for a good scare, this is the place to go.

:DIsabela:D
Prof. Hacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 01:52:42 PM »

Thanks for the kind words!
We did have a bit of 'electrical' trouble with FryGuy on opening night, but he's getting regularly toasted now!
Stephano says Hi! - he's been back this past weekend and this weekend. 
Birdie is off in her shack and isn't wanting to come out - we're working on that.
Thanks for enjoying the screams!
-The Doctor
boognred

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »

last year i revisited the Hacker House, and it was awesome, i  took the kids and they were totally freaked, but the wait was long, so get there early !
Slappy
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 04:23:26 PM »

I definitely recommend getting to any haunt early, because the lines do get long.  But sometimes waiting in line is half the fun (but not if it's for 3 hours!).
Dr. Johnas Hacker
Completely Haunted

Give me a SPARKS!.. and I will let you live.

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 05:26:27 PM »

The Earlier in the season is the best...... The first two weeks.

I will make you Scream yourself to sleep....
BloodyMary08
A Little Haunted

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 11:58:58 AM »

Can't wait to see what you've got.  I have never met the good "Doctors".  See you next weekend.  Hey if anyone is going and wants to carpool, let me know, we've got a pretty good size group going so far....

"It's just a bunch of hocus, pocus.."
Dr. Johnas Hacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 06:57:24 PM »

I want to thank you everyone that has posted their honest review. It will never hurt my feelings for a bad review...... "Because It Is An Individual Opinion". I know, we monsters can't scare every person that comes thru. Its all about timing and if the timing is not right, all victims will not be startled. But as long as we get someone scared or laughing at someone that is getting pinned against the wall, we are satisfied. Honestly, if you love the Halloween season and love to go HAUNTED ATTRACTIONS, good or bad I bet you my blades you will go back some point of time...... I would, now that's my opinion.

Slappy
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 06:59:01 PM »

Very well said Jonas.  Cheers to you!
~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 06:59:41 PM »

Thank you Jonas, for the best post of the season.   Smiley  

I dunno if you scared me enough, though... metaphorfasis of evil makes me go, "what?!??"  LOL!  Your blades had better be sharpened on Halloween night...

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

*FrightSeeker and Hacker*
Dr. Johnas Hacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 07:03:26 PM »

Thank you Jonas, for the best post of the season.   Smiley  

I dunno if you scared me enough, though... metaphorfasis of evil makes me go, "what?!??"  LOL!  Your blades had better be sharpened on Halloween night...
I think I now can speak without a  numb tongue twister Grin

Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »

For a Crazed Psychopath you make a whole Lotta sense

You can run, but you cannot hide
Dr. Johnas Hacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 07:08:27 PM »

Oh, by the way, you and Slappy made my night by watching Slapping laughing so hard at Karma screaming like a girl. God those will be great memories.

~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »

HAHA, oh trust me, those are good memories for us as well!!  I'm glad we made your night, that makes me feel all warm inside.  Grin  We affectionately call Karma "Nancy Kerrigan" now... he loves it  Wink hehe

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

*FrightSeeker and Hacker*
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: