November 25, 2017, 06:04:32 AM
News: Visit a haunt in South Carolina this season!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: HBO's True Blood  (Read 14304 times)
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2011, 10:31:34 PM »

Yea, I agree... the  only "gripe" I have with the show is the whole "sookie was in never-never land for a entire year". It just seemed like an "easy" out for the writers to get everything back to "normal".... like sookies house was destroyed the whole time from the woman that was after Sam, so they were like. "ok sookies been gone a year, so now the house is fixed, Eric ownes it, Bill is the king, Jason is god gift to law enforcement, Andy is hooked on "crack", so on, so on,.... it was just a FREE  PASS for them to make a buch of changes without a lot of set up or creative writing.
don't get me wrong I still like the show, it just could have been written where the changes were part of the story, not just it all happened while Sookie was away.
Slaughter

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2011, 01:08:24 AM »

I don't know if yall read the books, but it took a great departure from them this season. The main elements were still there, but altered. I guess that is true for any show adapted for TV though.  I thought it was so out of left field for Bill to become King. I thought the actor who played Jesus was good, but I did not like his character or story line. It was too dark ; even for True Blood. But I love the show. After the first episode of this season I re-watched the previous 3 seasons in record time during the week just for fun. I think its so cool if  you have HBO you can go on line to HBOGo and watch them anytime. I found out I can even watch it on my phone.

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »

i am in love with HBO GO...use it often.  This season was def not my favorite, but it was good, kept me coming back for more as always.  i have hope they will raise the bar next round.  And i have the books, have not read them, but have been told that this season squashed any real link to following the books from here on out.

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to: