November 23, 2017, 05:30:03 PM
News: Visit a North Carolina haunt this weekend!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: HBO's True Blood  (Read 14271 times)
Slappy
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 08:36:02 PM »

30 Days of Night was okay.  The vampires were a little bit more along my lines of "scariness", but Josh Hartnett makes me want to smack kittens.  His acting ability ranks up there with Paul Walker and Leo DiCaprio. 
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 08:46:23 PM »

what's wrong with Leo - I think he's come a long way since his Titanic day (even though i love that movie.) I loved The Departed and I thought he was good in Blood Diamond as well

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 09:07:09 PM »

I couldn't watch The Departed.  Everyone I know told me how good it was, but I just couldn't get into it.  Blood Diamond was okay, but I liked Djimon Hounso far better than Leo.
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 09:20:04 PM »

oh wow, you couldn't get through the departed - i loved it - one of my favorites - jack was classic too

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »

And in 2 posts you stated both reasons I couldn't watch The Departed.  Leonardo DiCaprio, and Jack Nicholson.  Ugh!
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 07:38:31 PM »

oh my, I'm a bigger jack fan than Leo. He's just a true character - I'd like to know what he's like in real life. He an Al Pacino are some of my favorite actors.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »

To me, every time I watch something with Jack in it, that's exactly what I see...Jack.  The same that he was in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Next, or The Shining, or Batman, or A Few Good Men, I could go on all day.  He's just like Jim Carey, a character actor that never really expands past his comfort zone, and over-acts everything to the point of it being laughable.  But I digress.  I know there are a lot of Jack Nicholson fans out there, so I don't want to start a big debate on that.  People like different things, and everyone is entitled to that.
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 11:52:10 AM »

I am a True Blood addict.  I can't even say I am proud of it either because this season was so silly at times.  But I LOVE Eric's character.  Jason Stackhouse is just so stupid it is laughable.  I watched all the episodes and nearly wished my weeks away for the Sunday nights to come but was ultimately dissapointed.  But hey, I did watch Hung afterwards Smiley

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009, 01:42:22 PM »

I am a True Blood addict.  I can't even say I am proud of it either because this season was so silly at times.  But I LOVE Eric's character.  Jason Stackhouse is just so stupid it is laughable.  I watched all the episodes and nearly wished my weeks away for the Sunday nights to come but was ultimately dissapointed.  But hey, I did watch Hung afterwards Smiley

THANK YOU!!  I've been trying to explain to Slappy that I'm not proud of watching it, but it is entertaining and sometimes really fun.  Sometimes it's actually pretty good, like when Eric's character is involved, who I think is GREAT!  The whole concept for Eric came out pretty cool, and Alexander Skarsgaard is hilarious (in my opinion), and he does a really good job with the portrayal. 

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

*FrightSeeker and Hacker*
Slappy
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »

Is this like dating the ugly chick?  It's okay until your friends find out?  If you're practically embarrassed to watch something, why do it?  I've been embarrassed after watching something, but I didn't go back and watch it over and over again for the next several months.    Undecided
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2009, 10:57:03 AM »

Well I thought it was really interesting! I liked this season better. I also love that Eric is more of a central character now.

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2009, 10:58:53 AM »

Embarrased...no.  For lack of a better term at this very moment, I will use "Stockholm Symdrome".  For me, it's like being in a bad relationship, knowing you should move on, but being unable/unwilling to.  They must have subliminal mind control messages in each epidose...LOL!!  Either way, I can't deny, I'm a fan - for better or worse.

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
Slappy
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 12:40:04 PM »

We've all be bombarded with the romanticized and glorified "new" image of vampires, the worst of which is the "Twilight" series.  Yes, I read the books, and rather enjoyed them, but to me they're not the vampires that strike fear into the hearts of people.  The problem now is that a lot of people, especially girls/women, have been so swept up by this, that they feel they MUST watch/read/listen to anything that is even remotely related to vampires.  Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible marketing ploy.  It ranks up there with all the kids throwing money at their cars after "The Fast and the Furious" (me included!), or everyone wanting to learn magic after "Harry Potter", people afraid of anyone in a hockey mask after "Friday the 13th"...I could go on all day.  The fact is that we as a society are very fickle.  We jump from one thing to the next, and it's not always because we actually enjoy it.  It's more because we were TOLD we had to enjoy it.  That even before this product; be it a movie, book, music, video game, article of clothing, whatever, was released to the market, we were told it was "awesome," "brilliant," "the best," that essentially we had to have it.  And what do we do?  We believe it!  And no one is immune to this.  If they tell you they are, they're lying.  We want to believe that these things live up to the hype, so we look past their short-comings.  Who wants to admit they're wrong?  Who wants to admit that Eward mentally and physically abuses Bella, because we were told that it was a wonderful romance?!  Who wants to believe that throwing $10,000 at a Honda Civic will only make it a slightly faster piece of junk?!  Who wants to believe magic isn't real?  Because then we have to admit that we live in the real world, not Hogwarts, or some po-dunk town in Washington that's infested with vampires and "were"wolves.  I understand fantasy, believe me.  I just fear for the people who can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality.  They're the ones that walk into a school and open fire, or jump off a bridge thinking they can fly. 

Wow, okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 08:28:19 PM »

Im in True Blood withdrawl now!!! I want more, and we have to wait forever!

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 10:04:28 PM »

Im in True Blood withdrawl now!!! I want more, and we have to wait forever!

I know this a old thread but, just heard the 2nd season of True Blood comes out on dvd next week!

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to: