November 24, 2017, 06:13:31 AM
News: Do something scary... go to a Haunted House!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hacker House Fright Team Reviews 2009  (Read 4550 times)
Slappy
« on: October 12, 2009, 05:13:33 PM »

Submitted by: handfulofrubies82
Date attended:  10/9/09

If I can only visit one haunt a year it will be Hacker House. It has become my base haunt and each year it just keeps getting better.
They have really improved their outside entrance areas. The night we went it was late and there wasn't much of a line, but I think the re-arrangement will be better for crowded nights. The improvements give you more to look at and the whole atmosphere is spookier.
I don't want to give too much away, but it feels like you get to spend more time in the house than in past years. The elevator is the best I've seen out of all the haunts I've been to.
Early on the characters picked us out and our names were spread throughout the haunt. It's definitely creepy to hear your name being whispered and yelled when you don't know who it's coming from.
Hacker Houser definitely went darker this year. My '\"dark vision" isn't very good, which was then repeated over and over again at my expense. The monsters thought that was hilarious. There were several parts where I could barely see and darkness is what scares me. Of course, that is what I come for!! By the way, the crypt area is awesome.
The thing I like about Hacker House is that they know what to keep and they know what to change. There are certain scares and effects that I want to see every year and then there are always new props/characters to look forward to.
Hacker House is kind of like my Cheers. They're dependable. I want to be scared and entertained and I know they're going to provide that. They're familiar. I visit Hacker House every year, sometimes more than once, and I know a little bit of what to expect, but it's still fresh. And as of this year, everyone knows my name. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it definitely makes it fun and that's how I want to spend my weekends in October.

Scare Factor  4.5/5 - The dark definitely upped the scare factor for me. I like that you might be separated from your group, that's always scary. When I see Jonas, I don't know whether to be scared or to laugh. I do a little of both.

Actors  4.5/5 - The actors are always in your face and sometimes I just closed my eyes because they got so close and up in my personal space. I wish more haunts would teach their actors to do this. It does make the experience better.  I did miss Stephano. The outside greeters didn't have as much punch  and interaction with the crowd, as a whole, as ones I've seen before, but one-on-one they were funny.

Set Design/Props/FX   4/5 - All their detailed sets feel complete. I like the new arrangements. Like I said, the elevator sets itself apart from others. I also like there aren't guides with you on the inside.

Length  5/5 - I think the length is great. I enjoy it so much I don't want it to end.  Plus, If you're the last group, it doesn't necessarily end at the end, and I enjoyed watching that.

Overall  4.5/5
- I always recommend Hacker House.
MidwayHaunter
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 06:11:23 PM »

Nice review, although i work at another haunt,  Hacker/spooky/campground are some of my favorite haunts it's great to hear they are kicking butt and taking names!!
Hatchet31
A Little Haunted

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 03:56:40 PM »

Ive never been here but Would like to make it this year.

Blood Guts and Gore
www.horrorfields.com
Slappy
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 04:38:49 PM »

Submitted by:  radiant_red
Date(s) Attended: 10/9/2009 and 10/17/2009

Scare Factor 4/5 - They always manage to scare me quite a few times,
and I smiled so much my face hurt.  Separating our group when we
first got in there was pretty cool, because I definitely didn't expect
it.  I was scared (I jumped) at different times on my 2 visits, which
is harder to achieve because on the 2nd visit I thought I knew what
was coming...

Actors 5/5 -  Hands down some of the best actors of all the haunts I
have visited for a number of reasons. They get in your face,  if they
learn your name they'll chant it around, it spreads. They show up in
unexpected places.  They will literally follow you out into the
parking lot. I thought this menacing, wild guy was really good my
first visit, and the werewolf and the plumber were great my 2nd visit.

Set Design/Props/FX 5/5 -  I like that HH changes it up every year. I
thought the theme was interesting and characters projected it all the
way to the end. The rooms and sets are designed really well. I have to
slow down to take in all the gory details. I really liked how dark and
mysterious the crypt was.  The elevator was pretty cool too.

Length 5/5 - I never want it to end! I have too much fun, so the
length is terrific.

Overall Impression 5/5
-  I hope everyone gets a chance to come visit
Hacker House this year, I recommend it to everyone I know.
Terrorizer
Mostly Haunted

Dont Run

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 09:46:06 AM »

im going to HH saturday most likely

Close your eyes and count to seven, when you wake you'll be in heaven.
Slappy
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 08:23:17 PM »

by Sabrina913
Attended: Friday, October 16, 2009

Scare Factor 5/5: Once inside the haunt it is very scary. They added a part where they separate you from your group, which happens to be one of the most horrifying things I can imagine besides being chased by a chainsaw. It seemed like no matter which way you turned there was some type of monster. This means no stopping to catch your breath.

Actors 5/5: These are very enthusiastic actors. You can tell they love what do. They are loud and get in your face. They will breathe on you while following you which is even creepier. They did an excellent job at staying in character no matter what was going on.

Set Design/Props/FX - 4/5: They way it is built; you really don’t have room to run which adds to the scare. Their props are really good. There is a section representing a cave and it is so realistic you feel like you are really in a cave. They are very detail oriented in each section.

Length 3/5: We drive a couple of hours to get there every year. The attraction seems to last about 20 minutes from where you enter the house. I really enjoy this haunt, but wish it was longer. It just goes too quickly.

Overall4/5: What would make this a 5/5 rating would be to increase the length of time in order to keep the fear going a little longer. This is always up there with my favorite haunts. The way they get in your face and talk to you really adds to the scare.
Slappy
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »

Submitted by: Bethyboo
Attended on:  10-16-09

Scare Factor: 5/5- I thought that Hacker House was scarier this year than last year. I don’t want to give anything away, but the thought of our group being separated was very traumatizing to me and my friends. The actors were very “in your face” and loud and there are a lot of them (or so it seemed).

Actors: 5/5- Let’s just say they are really into their job of scaring you to death. They were loud, and at times followed us inside the haunt. I was wishing some would go away because they were breathing on me and talking to me (which was VERY SCARY). They did a great job!!!

Set Design: 4/5- The Hacker House is detailed. I really liked the elevator and the hallway leading into that area. The sets are small so you are really “up close and personal” with the actors. I personally like this because you are forced to be in close proximity with the action. No running away…..

Length: 3/5- Hacker House is so much fun I wanted it to last longer. I think we got through in less than 30 minutes. It could be partly because we were moving at a brisk pace. However, if the attraction could last another 15 minutes, I think it would be perfect!

Overall: 4/5: I really enjoyed the Hacker House this year. It is definitely in the top group of scary haunts this season. The new outside decorations look awesome, especially the giant pumpkin! I recommend this attraction and will definitely go back!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: