November 25, 2017, 04:36:55 AM
News: Do something scary... go to a Haunted House!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: 2010  (Read 6954 times)
MidwayHaunter
Mostly Haunted

« on: February 15, 2010, 09:51:51 AM »

And so it begins..... It seems just like yesterday that we were getting ready for the 2009 season. To all of the Freight Seekers, I have been lurking and listening to all of your thought and opinions on what you would like to see in haunts and look forward to giving you all, the freights of your lives this year. I Hope to keep the progress updated better this year than last year and again , a  big thank you to all that came out.
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »

that is awesome that you are taking user feedback and applying it to the planning process

You can run, but you cannot hide
MidwayHaunter
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 01:36:23 PM »

that is awesome that you are taking user feedback and applying it to the planning process
Absolutely. I look at it this way, we (Haunters) don't know everything, can't read minds, etc...It's awesome to hear what people (who take Going to haunts seriously)have to say. You guys get around....haunts that is  Wink.. and know what you are looking for. Of course, everything can't be applied and I , As I am sure others don't always agree on someones take, but that's no reason to ignore it and look into it and see what the possible benefits could be . Of course we have to also keep in mind that the general public looks for . Smiley

Update:...it's been COLD!!!! Wink
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 04:01:13 PM »

I'm not really the biggest fan of movie characters in haunts, but I was watching House of 1000 Corpses the other day and thought it would be cool to see some of those characters like Otis or Cpt. Spaulding in a haunt.

MidwayHaunter
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 04:25:15 PM »

I'm not really the biggest fan of movie characters in haunts, but I was watching House of 1000 Corpses the other day and thought it would be cool to see some of those characters like Otis or Cpt. Spaulding in a haunt.
Yes, that would be wicked cool....those, my friend are some freaky characters!!

My take on Movie Characters in haunts can be deemed flip-flopish..The FAN,  In me  personally enjoys  them, with the proper setting, proper actor(I'm guilty of doing the opposite ) and limited to just a couple of them, I think they can work.......  The  " Wanting to keep everything as close to Original thoughts  as possible haunter" ..in me feels they should be left in hollywood Wink. One thing I have found is, they can be fun to have in a haunt...Actually, from the 'General public' that visit's haunts, they are almost demanded. I am asked every year...Is Micheal Myers going to be in the haunt?..is Jason? Leatherface? I am still amazed at how the General haunt goer still gets creeped out by those fellas..And I am amazed how much I enjoy seeing them scare people year after year by just Being.. lol!!I don't get it, but I guess somethings just can't be explained   Huh

Status up date...It's still Cold :p
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »

[quote  I am asked every year...Is Micheal Myers going to be in the haunt?..is Jason? Leatherface? I am still amazed at how the General haunt goer still gets creeped out by those fellas..And I am amazed how much I enjoy seeing them scare people year after year by just Being.. lol!!I don't get it, but I guess somethings just can't be explained   ??[/quote]
 In years past I had the same thing happen year after year.. & also didn't understand it Midway. I was totaly closed minded about it for a while, but came around to use some of the "Big Guys" mixed in with some of our own characters... it was a good move for us because our customers enjoy it. I even started a thread on this topic  here a few weeks back to see how other "haunt owners" felt about it , & I got  ripped... but I guess we are all different and have different styles. I think it's great that you are using customer feedback to make your haunt better.  you can see some  of our haunt at http://www.theslaughterhousehorror.com Thanks!

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
MidwayHaunter
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 02:06:58 PM »

[quote  I am asked every year...Is Micheal Myers going to be in the haunt?..is Jason? Leatherface? I am still amazed at how the General haunt goer still gets creeped out by those fellas..And I am amazed how much I enjoy seeing them scare people year after year by just Being.. lol!!I don't get it, but I guess somethings just can't be explained   ??
In years past I had the same thing happen year after year.. & also didn't understand it Midway. I was totaly closed minded about it for a while, but came around to use some of the "Big Guys" mixed in with some of our own characters... it was a good move for us because our customers enjoy it. I even started a thread on this topic  here a few weeks back to see how other "haunt owners" felt about it , & I got  ripped... but I guess we are all different and have different styles. I think it's great that you are using customer feedback to make your haunt better.  you can see some  of our haunt at http://www.theslaughterhousehorror.com Thanks!
[/quote] Checked out your site..Nice work!!

I personally see the "SERIOUS" haunters side of the Non-Hollywood characters..they want originality in every thing, and I totally respect that and understand..They want something they haven't seen and not some rehashed theme's they have seen a 100 times. When I visit other haunts I personally want to see what " Madness" others have come up with. I don't think they were "ripping " you perse' but I think they are so use to ..again..no originality in some haunts, that their knee jerk reaction to hearing 'Hollywood Characters' mentioned ... sends them into convulsions lol!!! again, I'm guessing  Grin
Slappy
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 06:30:26 PM »

Here's my opinion on the whole thing...

Horror movie characters can be used if, and only if, you have the proper setting and proper person to portray it.  I've been to haunts in the past where a kid that was no more than 10 was playing Jason Vorhees.  But then I've been to haunts where the "classics" have been used very well.

There used to be a haunted house in Kernersville.  It was held in an old, abandoned house right along the main stretch.  Michael Myers was there every year, and the guy was HUGE, and the character fit in the setting.  That was awesome!

But a lot of haunts have gone completely "original," and with great success.  I love seeing new characters, especially ones that are well developed.  But it takes a lot of imagination not only from the owner, but also from the actors to put together a unique character, and to stick with it. 

I know that running a haunt is a lot of trial and error, just like anything else in life.  If it works, run with it.  If not, don't try to push it.  Use your imagination, you'd be surprised what you can come up with.

And be sure to keep us updated Midway!
MidwayHaunter
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 09:17:53 AM »

Here's my opinion on the whole thing...

Horror movie characters can be used if, and only if, you have the proper setting and proper person to portray it.  I've been to haunts in the past where a kid that was no more than 10 was playing Jason Vorhees.  But then I've been to haunts where the "classics" have been used very well.

There used to be a haunted house in Kernersville.  It was held in an old, abandoned house right along the main stretch.  Michael Myers was there every year, and the guy was HUGE, and the character fit in the setting.  That was awesome!

But a lot of haunts have gone completely "original," and with great success.  I love seeing new characters, especially ones that are well developed.  But it takes a lot of imagination not only from the owner, but also from the actors to put together a unique character, and to stick with it. 

I know that running a haunt is a lot of trial and error, just like anything else in life.  If it works, run with it.  If not, don't try to push it.  Use your imagination, you'd be surprised what you can come up with.

And be sure to keep us updated Midway!

Very well, said Mr.Slappy!!

update... it's getting warmer Wink ...lol!! no real update coming soon!
MidwayHaunter
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 12:33:47 PM »

Howdy! First let me say that I profusely apologize for not keeping updated as I had said and promised, so for that I am sorry!   Things have been happening that has not allowed me to keep updating as I would have liked....and sometimes I was just too darn lazy  Tongue..  we are down too tweaking  things on the trail to better scare the Yell out of you. We have extended the trail a bit and 94% of the trail/rooms are  different and of the remaining 6% 3% of that ,those rooms,we have added a fewlittle Extra's to get your blood pumping. As for the other 3% that is the same, well, lets just say they were requested so..... Grin.. Our  opening Night will Be OCT 1st . the rest of the schedule will be posted soon. The reason for that delay is that one of the owners lost her beloved Mother and has had a lot to handle on that end..Sad  And the other owner has had heart problems, but doing better than ever (still don't know if that's good or not ) lol!! Look forward to seeing you guys this year as I am looking forward to visiting other Haunts and check out all the Goodies they have in store for us!!! Happy Haunting you guys!!!!!!
Slappy
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 01:18:25 PM »

Good to see you back, Midway.  I'm sorry for your loss, and hope everyone else is doing well.  Just keep us posted when you can, I'm sure everyone on here can understand how hard it is to keep everything together sometimes. 
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »

Good to see you back man.

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 02:13:20 PM »

Sorry to hear about all the troubles.  Take care of you and yours first!  Look forward to visiting again this year.

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 04:07:41 PM »

Midway Welcome back! I look forward to hearing updates, and seeing what you all have up your sleeve

You can run, but you cannot hide
Julie
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 08:21:20 PM »

Awesome job this year...definitely 2 thumbs up!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: