November 25, 2017, 02:48:57 AM
News: Visit a haunt in South Carolina this season!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: 2010  (Read 6953 times)
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 10:54:29 PM »

you guys need to come back and see the newest creature at the woods Grin

MidwayHaunter
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 08:54:26 AM »

And he's pretty dang good!
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 11:11:57 PM »

Why thank you. He's pretty handsome too Wink great big smile on his face.

Slappy
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 10:21:10 AM »

Wow...
MidwayHaunter
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 12:17:07 PM »

He's also extremely Modest too lol!
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »

Wow...
hahaha

Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »

[quote  I am asked every year...Is Micheal Myers going to be in the haunt?..is Jason? Leatherface? I am still amazed at how the General haunt goer still gets creeped out by those fellas..And I am amazed how much I enjoy seeing them scare people year after year by just Being.. lol!!I don't get it, but I guess somethings just can't be explained   ??
In years past I had the same thing happen year after year.. & also didn't understand it Midway. I was totaly closed minded about it for a while, but came around to use some of the "Big Guys" mixed in with some of our own characters... it was a good move for us because our customers enjoy it. I even started a thread on this topic  here a few weeks back to see how other "haunt owners" felt about it , & I got  ripped... but I guess we are all different and have different styles. I think it's great that you are using customer feedback to make your haunt better.  you can see some  of our haunt at http://www.theslaughterhousehorror.com Thanks!
Checked out your site..Nice work!!

I personally see the "SERIOUS" haunters side of the Non-Hollywood characters..they want originality in every thing, and I totally respect that and understand..They want something they haven't seen and not some rehashed theme's they have seen a 100 times. When I visit other haunts I personally want to see what " Madness" others have come up with. I don't think they were "ripping " you perse' but I think they are so use to ..again..no originality in some haunts, that their knee jerk reaction to hearing 'Hollywood Characters' mentioned ... sends them into convulsions lol!!! again, I'm guessing  Grin
[/quote]

Just an FYI: Using trademarked characters in a for-profit haunt IS considered illegal without expressed written permission from the movie studio.  Over the past few years, entertainment lawyers have been cracking down on the larger haunts for using trademarked characters as it violates copyright laws.  I would assume that the medium and smaller haunts are next.  All it takes is one attorney walking through a haunt to make it happen.  You will notice that the larger nationally-known haunts have all stopped using these characters unless they are affiliated with the movie studios.  Carowinds stopped putting actors in Jason masks when Paramount sold the park to Cedar Fair...

Just be aware if you use Freddy, Jason, Michael, Leatherface, Pinhead, etc...

MidwayHaunter
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 01:59:30 PM »

[quote  I am asked every year...Is Micheal Myers going to be in the haunt?..is Jason? Leatherface? I am still amazed at how the General haunt goer still gets creeped out by those fellas..And I am amazed how much I enjoy seeing them scare people year after year by just Being.. lol!!I don't get it, but I guess somethings just can't be explained   ??
In years past I had the same thing happen year after year.. & also didn't understand it Midway. I was totaly closed minded about it for a while, but came around to use some of the "Big Guys" mixed in with some of our own characters... it was a good move for us because our customers enjoy it. I even started a thread on this topic  here a few weeks back to see how other "haunt owners" felt about it , & I got  ripped... but I guess we are all different and have different styles. I think it's great that you are using customer feedback to make your haunt better.  you can see some  of our haunt at http://www.theslaughterhousehorror.com Thanks!
Checked out your site..Nice work!!

I personally see the "SERIOUS" haunters side of the Non-Hollywood characters..they want originality in every thing, and I totally respect that and understand..They want something they haven't seen and not some rehashed theme's they have seen a 100 times. When I visit other haunts I personally want to see what " Madness" others have come up with. I don't think they were "ripping " you perse' but I think they are so use to ..again..no originality in some haunts, that their knee jerk reaction to hearing 'Hollywood Characters' mentioned ... sends them into convulsions lol!!! again, I'm guessing  Grin

Just an FYI: Using trademarked characters in a for-profit haunt IS considered illegal without expressed written permission from the movie studio.  Over the past few years, entertainment lawyers have been cracking down on the larger haunts for using trademarked characters as it violates copyright laws.  I would assume that the medium and smaller haunts are next.  All it takes is one attorney walking through a haunt to make it happen.  You will notice that the larger nationally-known haunts have all stopped using these characters unless they are affiliated with the movie studios.  Carowinds stopped putting actors in Jason masks when Paramount sold the park to Cedar Fair...

[/quote] Yup!!
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 09:39:33 AM »

[/quote] Yup!!

I fully understand why the studios would go after "big" time haunted attractions, there is HUGE money made at those parks, but my question is where is the line? I mean people can "attempt" to sue someone for anything.
Do they try to sue every company that makes a hockey mask, or every company that makes a mask that has the look of fresh stitched together, or even a blank white mask...how can someone copyright that? If want to sue someone it should be the people making money off manufacturing the items used to create the likeness of their characters, or people making personal appearances as such characters in independent films, but smaller haunts ... really? Wouldn't even be worth their time. Just ANOTHER example how big time money is Ruining Halloween!
My 2 cent's, I'm sure others will vary.
Slaughter
[/quote]

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 04:14:50 PM »

Horror movie characters are cool and all, but I think original characters with there own story lines incorporated in the haunt just makes the experience better. Like and insane flannel-clad clown...  Grin

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: