November 20, 2017, 10:22:44 AM
News: Visit a haunt in Virginia this season!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: All things Pumpkin  (Read 4579 times)
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 11:12:36 AM »

I didn't get their anti-halloween stance, but people have differing opinions on that around here, i kind of expect it. I thought about asking the people of Pilot Fest, but it looks like they're not doing it this year?? I like pumpkins and carving them, whatever the design. Even the Dixie Classic fair had a pumpkin decorating contest each year which themed, which I've done in the past.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »

I would love to see this in person, or I suppose something on a smaller scale around here. 

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
Slappy
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 06:12:25 PM »

Wow, that's impressive.  That would be really expensive to do by yourself.  Seems like maybe something a group could do....?
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 12:17:50 PM »

Cana, VA has tons of pumpkins !  Grin Grin Grin
I picked up a pumpkin yesterday to carve Tuesday for a family gathering. So excited - the pumpkins at B&B produce, the last little road side market on the left, has pumpkins at a good price - almost all under $5. Most $2.80-$4.50 for medium size pumpkins

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »

I read some article that the best way to preserve a carved pumpkin is to first soak it in bleach water overnight.  Then everyday, spray it with more bleach water.  That will keep it moist and destroy any bacteria or mold that are the quickest things to destroy your jack-o-lantern.

I'll probably get mine at the Farmer's Market again.  They always have awesomely huge pumpkins for really good prices.  Much better than a lot of local churches and such that usually sell them.
jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 08:45:06 AM »

im currently drinking pumpkin coffee that i got at target.  it's not too bad... 
Slappy
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 10:31:34 AM »

You need to get a Spiced Pumpkin Latte' from Starbucks.  I'm not normally a Starpukes fan, but these are exceptionally good.  Oh, and a pumpkin muffin from Dunkin' Donuts.  Mmmm...  I need to go to lunch.
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 07:06:53 PM »

Just came upon this event called GUTS, Benefiting Levine Children's Hospital

From their wesbite:
"GUTS is a friendly pumpkin carving competition organized and created by HAWSE, A Brand Agency in Charlotte, North Carolina. What began as an internal team building event at HAWSE, has grown into a community-wide event, attracting the finest creative talent in the area and the support of generous yearly partners. The primary goal of this event is to unify the creative community in support of the kids who fight the real fight everyday.

As we enter our 3rd Annual GUTS competition, we've seen our venue improve from a small parking lot on the edge of Uptown, to the heart of the Center City in 2010, and now in 2011, the North Carolina Music Factory. We've also seen our list of carvers and attendees grow each year and are hoping for big things in 2011.

The competition is open to Local and regional creative professionals that want to test their pumpkin carving skills, and more importantly, raise money for the brave kids of Levine Children's Hospital. We raise money through registration fees, a live and silent auction, and for the first time in 2011, we are allowing anyone, anywhere to support an individual child at the LCH, by buying them a GUTS gift pack."

Check out their site; there is a lot of information to read through:  http://www.gutscharlotte.com/

Fortune Favors the Bold
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: