November 18, 2017, 05:12:34 AM
News: Do something scary... go to a Haunted House!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: On the shelves - Halloween stuff starting to appear  (Read 6287 times)
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« on: July 31, 2011, 12:15:04 PM »

Who else is excited that stores are starting to put out their Halloween merch? Have you been out looking? Have you taken anything home with you? I don't know how many of you like Bath &Body Works, but they always have cute seasonal scents, and I particularly like their mini anti-bacterials. Last year they had candy corn that smelled delicious. This year they have some more neat ones. The tootsie pop one smells just like it. They also have some cute candle holders and a really neat sour apple soap dispenser. The soap is candy apple green, and it has a skeleton in the middle. When you pump the handle, the bottle lights up and flashes like lightning.
Michael's and AC Moore have a select few things out, like ribbons, dollar crafts. Michael's has some of their themed merch out on one row. I went by Homegoods yesterday, but they had nothing. A lady I asked said harvest merch would be coming in first and then Halloween closer to the season..grrr.  I still want a store like this:  http://pumpkinrot.blogspot.com/2011/07/2011-bountiful-acres-halloween.html 
So, if you're out and about and see some interesting merch, put it up here. Anyone already have a theme you're going for this year?

Fortune Favors the Bold
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 02:10:13 PM »

YEP, I love that everyone is starting to gear up.

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:40:38 PM »

The local Party City was starting to stock their shelves with Halloween makeup and costumes the other day.  they told me that the price was going to go up as it got closer so stock up now.  I was able to grab a few tubes of makeup and spirit gum for cheap though...

Slappy
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »

Good information.  I haven't had a chance to get out and about much recently, so that will definitely be on my agenda for tomorrow.  I just can't wait for it to start to cool off...
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 08:12:38 PM »

All I know is that spirit is starting to go nuts on facebook with their advertising.  There is a SWEET Captain Spaulding animatronic that I cannot afford but will most likely buy this year.  Damn you Spirit Halloween store!

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Blame Elvis
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 08:30:18 AM »

Woot woot! I can't wait!
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 12:20:40 AM »

I haven't been to party city in a few weeks, but I remember when I worked there it went up early. That was the whole reason I liked working there. I loved being around all the halloween merch. I can't wait for the halloween stores like spirit to pop up in our area.

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 07:16:42 PM »

Went to Homegoods today (in Winston) and they've got some Halloween stuff out now and they're putting out more every day. We picked up a Square Framed Halloween sign for the front door, that has three dancing witches on the front, says Happy Halloween and its made with a strand of lights inside that light up behind the design. They have a lot of cool light-up decorative options this year.  They have some really neat black, wired trees that stand about 3ft tall to put decorations on that I liked. I haven't seen any masquerade masks yet, which I really wanted, but they may still get something like that in.

Fortune Favors the Bold
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 10:02:36 PM »

I actually hit Party City up last Sunday, and scored a buggy of stuff on clearance...namely the executioner axe and the hood...plus some vampire earings for a potential costume I'm playing around with...lots of other stuff to add to our decoration collection.  All of what I bought was 60 to 80 percent off, blew me away.

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 07:01:33 AM »

when do the spirit stores start invading empty spaces?? 
Slappy
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 08:00:29 AM »

Spirit Halloween will usually start popping up in mid to late September.  I've always said they need to open earlier, but what can you do?  I might have to go shopping this weekend...
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 10:37:25 AM »

I want to say the W-S SPirit store opened last year on labor day weekend where previously it had been mid-month. 

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »

I haven't personally seen it but I was told that the halloween store at Hanes Mall is already open.  Somewhere near Sears?

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 06:29:08 PM »

For the record, Spirit Halloween store in Winston-Salem is open.  Found it tonight...and escaped with only spending $35.  I think it being farther from my house (last year was literally 3-5 minutes) I'll hopefully visit/spend less....but I'm not gonna count on it.

It's off of University this year for those in the area.

handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 07:04:22 PM »

Casey and I went to spirit today. I loved the Scream setup they had going. Someone was smart when they incorporated the phone into the prop. I love the cardboard house as well. I don't think I would ever do an industrial scene in my yard, but it looked really cool the way they had it setup with the zombies.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: