November 20, 2017, 07:59:15 PM
News: Visit a haunt in Virginia this season!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: On the shelves - Halloween stuff starting to appear  (Read 6317 times)
Slappy
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 08:34:04 PM »

Spirit definitely has some cool props.  The Scream one especially.  Halloween and More in the mall leaves a lot to be desired.  Party City has a lot of neat decorations and make-up.  They don't have as many high-end masks as they used to, though.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 12:27:29 PM »

FWIW,  K-mart has their "Totally Ghoul" section up (at least in Clemmons).  Browsed at lunch and spent more money than I should.  Besides costumes/props/candy they had some great $5 20 movie DVD packs.  The credit card is already pissed at me and it isn't even October....

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 09:10:09 PM »

Spirit definitely has some cool props.  The Scream one especially.  Halloween and More in the mall leaves a lot to be desired.  Party City has a lot of neat decorations and make-up.  They don't have as many high-end masks as they used to, though.

Yea I noticed the same thing this year at Party city this year, Slappy.  Sunday was the first time I walked into Sprit this year.... $112.00  gone but I HAD to HAVE a few more finishing touches, Funny how that works huh?
Slaughter

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 07:07:18 AM »

i've been to three spirit stores around charlotte so far...and I dont know about you guys...but they all seemed to be missing their expensive masks.  I've already got my costume for our yard haunt this year...but I just thought that was a little strange. 
Slappy
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 07:11:14 AM »

Everyone seems to be missing their good masks this year.  I know Spirit Halloween, Halloween and More and Party City all had a few, but nothing much yet.  Less than a dozen or so.  Maybe they'll get more out as Halloween gets closer. 

I did notice that Target and Wal-Mart are finally getting their Halloween stuff out.  And JoAnn Fabrics actually has some really neat Halloween stuff, too, just FYI.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 08:49:36 AM »

I've found that Spirit has a lot of stuff online only this year.  I'm getting a full Captain Spaulding costume that is not available in stores (if anyone wants to gimme $300 I'll pick up the animatronic as well.....).

So check the website for masks.

Jo-Ann fabrics, huh?  I must say that would have never, ever crossed my Halloween radar.

Slappy
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »

Well, ~honey~ was looking for some fabric for her costume for Hacker House (they have some very interesting Halloween themed fabrics there, even some for decorating), and they have some decoration, more for inside than outside.  And they had some very interesting candies, too.  Like Pumpkin Patch Pop-Rocks and Vulture Eggs (like Cadbury Eggs).
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 05:02:38 PM »

Well, ~honey~ was looking for some fabric for her costume

.....................RIGHT.

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Slappy
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 07:14:12 PM »

Please, I'm already pretty enough!   Tongue
ngbomb2872
Haunted

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 12:44:52 PM »

Thanks Packbacker for the heads up.  I will be making a trip to k-mart later.
Terrorizer
Mostly Haunted

Dont Run

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 05:14:10 PM »

Has anyone checked out Target? They have some really nice "sophisticated" housing decor that is Halloween themed...

Close your eyes and count to seven, when you wake you'll be in heaven.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 11:04:41 PM »

Target is on my to do list for tomorrow.  I hit Wal-mart earlier.....I only use them for some fantastic purple lights.

Slappy
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 07:25:13 AM »

Target always has some neat home decorations, mostly for inside.  Very quasi-retro.
jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 01:02:56 PM »

picked up the skull lantern at target yesterday...the one that plays the Halloween theme.  not bad for $12.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 11:52:47 AM »

Bought the exact same one, jhc!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: