November 20, 2017, 10:25:31 AM
News: Do something scary... go to a Haunted House!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Handfulofrubies's First Annual Halloween Photo Scavenger Hunt  (Read 2403 times)
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« on: August 30, 2011, 01:22:18 PM »

Welcome to Handfulofrubies's First Annual Halloween Photo Scavenger Hunt. I know all of you are into Halloween, and who doesn't like a little friendly competition?
What's the prize you say?
The winner will be receiving a
$20Visa Giftcard
Here is what you have to do: Review the scavenger hunt lists below and follow the directions given for each level.
How will we know who won?
Participants will be judged on a point system. Per the instructions, each photo within a level is worth a set number of points. The person with the most points at the end wins. If there should be a tie, a tie breaker challenge will be presented.
I've created a Group Photo Album at Photobucket.com
If you don't have an account, one can be created for free. Sign up, create an album. I've created a group album for you to upload your photos to. The group can be searched, or found at www.photobucket.com/HandfulofrubiesPhotoChallenge
The password is Frightseekers
You will be uploading your photos to a "group" album. You can add all of your photos at once (helpful), or as you go through the competition. I need you to tag all your photos with your Frightseeker screen name, in case any of them get out of order. You also need to tag each photo with the corresponding level, and number. Ex: Easy1, Medium1, Hard1
Due to the large number of photos, they will not be judged on creativity, however creativity is highly appreciated!! Please make sure I can see all the objects you're trying to show in your photo. Remember, photos indoor, however light and bright you think they are, will probably need flash. If I can't see the item, you don't get the points. For some of these photos a tripod might have to be used. Self-timer is your friend if you can't bring a friend along. If you need clarification on any photo, or the instructions, ask questions.
The contest will begin September 1st. All submissions must be posted to the group album by Oct. 31st. I will announce the prize winner on November 7th, 2011.
All registered Frightseekers who have introduced themselves in the New Members Welcome area will be allowed to participate. Handfulofrubies will not be participating for a prize, but may submit photos to provide examples as the competition proceeds.
I encourage everyone to go out and have fun. Handfulofrubies will not be held liable for your actions pertaining to attaining these photos, nor NCHaunts/Frightseekers. Be smart. Be careful. Don't trespass. If you attempt the Myers House photo, please go to his website and make arrangements with him. Please don't just show up on his doorstep. Represent Frightseekers well!

***I'm making an amendment to the contest. To qualify for the prize, you'll need to accumulate at least 40 points. I want people to participate.  So far there aren't any entries, and I don't find it fair to award someone a prize for submitting one photo at the last minute. You guys still have a little over 3 weeks.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:35:54 PM by handfulofrubies82 » Logged

Fortune Favors the Bold
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 01:24:38 PM »

Scavenger Hunt Items
Easy Photos - 1 point each 52ct
Level One Photos - requires just the object listed to be in the photo - Two (or more) objects can be in the same shot to cut down on the number of photos entered. However, multiple entries of the same subject will not be accepted.
1. Broom Stick
2. Halloween Balloon
3. Acorns
4. Pumpkin Seeds
5. Spider Web
6. Tombstone
7. A house that looks haunted
8.A dead end sign
9. Paper ghost
10. Popcorn ball
11. Paper Lanterns
12. Fake body parts
13. Black shirt with skull on it
14. Scary masks
15. Keep out sign
16. Black cat
17. Dictionary page with the meaning of Halloween
18. Book of North Carolina ghost stories
19. Any glow in the dark Halloween decoration
20. Dungeon entrance sign
21. A dead flower/ Bouquet of dead flowers
22. A home with tombstones in the yard
23. A bat (doesn't have to be real)
24. No entry door mat
25. Series of Halloween books
26. Decorated pumpkins
27. Crypt
28.  Newspaper comic strip that includes a caldron, pumpkin or ghost
29. Mini pumpkin
30. Skull and Crossbones
31. Ghost in a tree
32. Orange Tootsie Pop
33. A pitchfork
34. Campfire
35. S'mores
36. Creepy Candelabra
37. Road sign with a creepy/Halloween name (anything that makes sense)
38. Blood red drink
39. Vampire Stake
40. Silver bullet
41. Something with the number 13 on it - ex. date on a newspaper
42. Something poisonous
43. 13th floor button in an elevator
44. Pic of a tombstone of someone who died on October 31st
45. Secret Room
46. 3 pieces of ghost hunting equipment
47. Scarecrow
48. Halloween window display
49. Caution tape
50. Blow up yard decoration
51. Black and Orange crayon
52. Anyone's decorated face

+1 point per photo if you're wearing your Frightseekers shirt from last year
Medium Photos - 2 points each  20ct
Level Two Photos require you (preferred), or a friend to be in the photo with the object - once again, multiple entries of the same subject will not be counted.
1. You or a friend posing with a Skeleton (Anatomical/Medical)
2. Fangs - You or a friend wearing them
3. Your reflection in a broken mirror
4. You or a friend standing beside a sign issuing a warning
5. You or a friend, wrapped up in tissue as a mummy
6. TTV - Through the view finder photo of someone wearing a mask, or dressed up as Frankenstein
7. You or a friend on a hayride
8. You, holding up a Halloween coloring page
9. You, or a friend reading a Halloween themed Magazine
10. You or a friend wearing black nail polish
11. You or a friend eating orange (in color) ice cream/yogurt
12. You or a friend, or child bobbing for apples
13. You or a friend wearing a string of garlic
14. You or a friend and the headless horseman
15. You, or a friend in a coffin
16. You, or a friend producing a spooky shadow
17. You, and a friend dressed as a dead bride and groom
18.  Pic of you or friend, flying on a broom
19. You or a friend in front of a restaurant decorated for Halloween
20. You or a friend in a pumpkin patch

Hard Photos - 5 points each 25 ct
Level Three Photos require either a photo be taken at a specific location, or that multiple photos be taken and combined to qualify and you have to be in the photo (friends can be too, but you are required)  
1. You, in front of a NCHaunts featured haunt sign
2. You, in/or in front of a graveyard, with the full moon in the photo
3. You, with someone dressed as a werewolf with the full moon behind you
4. You, participating in a zombie walk
5. Gargoyle on a building in NC - must identify the building and city in description
6. Spell Frightseekers, while light painting
7. You, posing beside the train at Tweetsie Railroad decorated for Halloween
8. You on the front porch of the NC Myers House (with permission from the owner of course) - (+5 points if you're dressed as Michael Myers, +5 if you're wearing the Michael Myers House t-shirt released this year, +5 if Kenny is in the photo with you)
9. You, next to a pumpkin that weighs over 1000 pounds
10. You holding the business card of a mortician
11. You, acting out the shower scene from Psycho, (from either the victim or the killer's point of view)
12. You on 13th floor of a hotel/building
13. You, with the Brown Mtn Lights in the background
14. You, as a sparkly vampire (glitter, rhinestones, as long as its sparkly/reflective in some way)
15. You, with a sword or shield in front of a castle, saving a prince or princess
16. You, as the victim, being attacked by a vampire
17. You, with the classic monster crew: Dracula, Wolf man, a mummy and Frankenstein
18. You, a black cat and someone dressed as a witch
19. You and a friend, depicting one of Edgar Allen Poe's poems
20. A location, that is scary, or has an object that is scary, or creepy,  that isn't meant to be scary
21. Some place that reminds you of a scene from an apocalyptic zombie  movie
22. Collaged pic: 13 number 13's - Ex. Date on a newspaper, house number, etc. Please use some kind of photo editing program to edit these photos into a collage.
23. Depiction of your favorite scary movie - you and any number of people
24. Frightseekers spelled out in found letters all from different locations - collage of photos - requires a photo editing program
25. Entrance to a morgue

Possible video - worth 10 points
1. Singing a Halloween themed song at a karaoke bar
2. You and friends, dressed in character, reenacting a scene from Hocus Pocus - must be at least 30 seconds
3. You or a friend and a ventriloquist's dummy, having a conversation about something Halloween related
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 01:38:18 PM by handfulofrubies82 » Logged

Fortune Favors the Bold
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »

Wow.  Impressive list/work!

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:28:35 PM »

Thanks, I tried to come up with some fun ones! And, I may add a few if I think of some more clever ones. I hope everyone has fun with it. I can't wait to see the submissions. I'm going to be posting a few of my own pics for examples in over the next couple of weeks. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away.

Fortune Favors the Bold
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 11:35:19 PM »

For anyone participating in the photo contest, you'll be able to attempt these photos soon: Full Moon is Sept. 12th
2. You, in/or in front of a graveyard, with the full moon in the photo
3. You, with someone dressed as a werewolf with the full moon behind you

Fortune Favors the Bold
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »

***I'm making an amendment to the contest. To qualify for the prize, you'll need to accumulate at least 40 points. I want people to participate.  So far there aren't any entries, and I don't find it fair to award someone a prize for submitting one photo at the last minute. You guys still have a little over 3 weeks.

Fortune Favors the Bold
ReLlIK ThE KiLlEr CloWn
Completely Haunted

MaKeS ME LAfF!

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »

#19 on the hard one about edgar allen Poe.. Next Thursday and Friday, we have a show at school.. That is Edgar Allen Poe stoires! Justtt trying to helpp! Cheesy

I'm not a clown that makes you laugh, instead you MAKE ME LAUGH as you Scream in PAIN!
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 10:22:08 PM »

Alright I want to throw down the gauntlet here.....who wants to take part in this cool (and very gracious) contest?  Doubt I can hit 40 points but it'd be a shame to ignore this.  Who's in?

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: