November 18, 2017, 05:13:58 AM
News: Visit a haunt in Virginia this season!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: What is your favorite Haunt?  (Read 6070 times)
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« on: September 01, 2011, 07:06:51 PM »

Hacker House is the one haunt that has completely managed to traumatize me twice. The actors get into it so much you aren't really sure they are acting. Even managed to get in my car with me last year.

X-Treme Fear is one of my favorite haunts. Linda, the owner, is a total sweetheart and always makes time to talk to us whenever we go. It is a unique haunt that really plays up the woods to add to their scare factor. I can't tell you how many trees I have screamed at.

Spooky Woods is another favorite of mine. Tony changes things up every year and adds to it so it is one of the longer haunts. There is even stuff to do for those who are too afraid to go through the haunt.

Let me know about your favorite haunts.

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »

Hacker House / Extreme Fear... too close to call for too many different reasons.
Why dosen't Mark ever get credit for their haunt.... I guess Linda is such a people person.
L.O.L
Slaughter

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »

You are right. I met some of Linda's family but they were all dressed like monsters so I wouldn't recognize them out of costume. Linda is totally a people person and even though they have so many people go through there every year she always remembers them.

Slappy
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:23:10 PM »

Linda definitely tends to make herself a little more well knows, but you have to give credit to both Mark and Linda.

I can't say what my favorite haunt is, cause that just wouldn't be fair.  But it's been a long time since I've been to a bad haunt, especially in this area.
Roadkill
Haunted

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 08:33:30 PM »

Hacker House is my favorite  Wink
 I also  love Extreme Fear , super sweet folks
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »

I love them all. Truly, there is only one that I have gone to I didn't like and that was because it only took about 10 minutes to go through and didn't even make me jump once. You know it is a good haunt if I don't get scared lol. BTW has anyone gone to the Myer's House? It would be great if we could get a group to go up there this year.

http://www.myershousenc.com/p/events.html

Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 08:41:58 PM »

Yea, just a joke about Linda...I do it too.... I called just this past week talked to Linda, never even said a word to Mark.Just how it is with everyone it seems , just funny to me. Bothe are GREAT people & by far some of the best folks I.ve met in this business.

Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 08:44:48 PM »

Haven't went to the Myers house... My father knows the wife, said she's nice & they love Halloween like we do.

Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 09:11:08 PM »

My Favorite Haunt is a NCHaunt! Cause a NCHaunt know how to party!

You can run, but you cannot hide
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 09:14:47 PM »

Good answer lol.

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 09:23:39 PM »

Nightmare on Scales Street- just the perfect haunt for me...even if it's all inside.  Line is impecabbly managed, some incredibly sinister scenes, excellent meshing of high tech scares as well as solid acting, and a true feeling of claustrophobia.  LOVED chatting with the haunt owner 2 years ago....this place just does it for me.

Runner up would be Boogerwoods....what an amazing haunt in the middle of nowhere doing this all for  a great cause. 

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 09:28:49 PM »

That's a good one too. They got me good 2 years ago. We were in the Texas Chainsaw room and my feet just take off when I hear a chainsaw so I turned and ran the way we came, because we were inside and not a lot of room. Went through the door and there were a bunch of vampires hissing at me so I turned and ran the opposite way, managed to dive under the chainsaw and past 3 other people. I turned right when I went through the door and came face to face with a truck coming at me. Who expects a freakin truck inside and on the second floor. Shocked me so bad I ran back into the chainsaw room and dove under the chainsaw again. My friend was laughing at me cause she couldn't figure out what I was doing lol. She said she just kept seeing me run back and forth.

Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 11:34:49 AM »

My favorite haunt of all time (since it's not NC Haunts exclusive) would be Netherworld in Atlanta.  If there was a definition of a perfect haunt.  This would be it.  Ben and Bill put on such an amazing show and somehow manage to top themselves every year despite changing out the interior every year.  The Dent Schoolhouse in Cincinnati would be a close second.  Absolutely the BEST themed haunt in the country (my opinion).  Twisted Darkness in Kokomo, Indiana is incredible as well as the 4 unbelievable haunts in the South Bottoms of Kansas City.  The Beast, The Edge of Hell, Macabre Cinema, and the Chambers of Edgar Allen Poe.

As far as haunts in NC go, I like Woods of Terror, X-Treme Fear, and the Haunted Mill.

My bucket list of haunts includes Hacker House, Screams in Waxahachie TX, Erebus in Detroit, House of Shock in New Orleans, and Ocean Park in Hong Kong.

I would highly recommend running down to Atlanta to visit Netherworld which runs though the first weekend of November.  If you're lucky, you 'might' find a certain member of this board working as a slider in the parking lot that last weekend...

Info on my favorite haunts...

http://www.fearworld.com/
http://www.frightsite.com/
http://www.twistedhaunt.com/
http://www.edgeofhell.com/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:40:02 AM by Badger » Logged

~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 04:44:45 PM »

My Favorite Haunt is a NCHaunt! Cause a NCHaunt know how to party!

That doesn't even make sense or answer the question...

Other than Hacker House, I LOVE Xteme Fear, for so many reasons!  Also, Midway is probably a favorite of mine. 

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

*FrightSeeker and Hacker*
~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 04:48:08 PM »

My favorite haunt of all time (since it's not NC Haunts exclusive) would be Netherworld in Atlanta.  If there was a definition of a perfect haunt.  This would be it.  Ben and Bill put on such an amazing show and somehow manage to top themselves every year despite changing out the interior every year.  The Dent Schoolhouse in Cincinnati would be a close second.  Absolutely the BEST themed haunt in the country (my opinion).  Twisted Darkness in Kokomo, Indiana is incredible as well as the 4 unbelievable haunts in the South Bottoms of Kansas City.  The Beast, The Edge of Hell, Macabre Cinema, and the Chambers of Edgar Allen Poe.

As far as haunts in NC go, I like Woods of Terror, X-Treme Fear, and the Haunted Mill.

My bucket list of haunts includes Hacker House, Screams in Waxahachie TX, Erebus in Detroit, House of Shock in New Orleans, and Ocean Park in Hong Kong.

I would highly recommend running down to Atlanta to visit Netherworld which runs though the first weekend of November.  If you're lucky, you 'might' find a certain member of this board working as a slider in the parking lot that last weekend...

Info on my favorite haunts...

http://www.fearworld.com/
http://www.frightsite.com/
http://www.twistedhaunt.com/
http://www.edgeofhell.com/

A lot of the ones you like are on MY bucket list!  It's so hard to get the time to travel to them, especially when you work at a haunt.  I hope eventually I can make it to a few of those, like Netherworld and Erebus.  I would also like to hit up ESP one year (Eastern State Penitentiary). 

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

*FrightSeeker and Hacker*
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: