November 24, 2017, 01:25:49 PM
News: Visit a haunt in South Carolina this season!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: What is your favorite Haunt?  (Read 6122 times)
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 06:02:38 PM »

We have been talking about going to Eastern State for a couple of years now. We even entered a contest where you could win a night in the section that is closed to the public and is supposed to be really haunted. We didn't win which is probably for the best because Bethyboo and I probably wouldn't have lasted more than an hour in there lol.  Shocked

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 07:22:17 PM »

Midway's got to be mine, I've been going there since I was 10 so it just has a special place in my heart for sure.

~honey~
Completely Haunted

Crazed Blonde

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 08:34:05 PM »

We have been talking about going to Eastern State for a couple of years now. We even entered a contest where you could win a night in the section that is closed to the public and is supposed to be really haunted. We didn't win which is probably for the best because Bethyboo and I probably wouldn't have lasted more than an hour in there lol.  Shocked

For awhile they were doing overnight ghost hunts, which we had been trying to get together.  It was a chunk of change, but you got a bunch of equipment, and you were "locked in" overnight.  Not sure if they still offer it or not.  We entered that contest too, but alas, no winners here!  

Anyone who hasn't looked, check it out!  Slappy and I are considering going on the 12th of November for their 20th Anniversary!!

www.easternstate.org/halloween

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

*FrightSeeker and Hacker*
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »

Mountain of Terror
Xtreme Fear

I really like all of the haunts represented on this forum, but those 2 are the ones that get the most love and attention and repeat visits from me.  each one is very different in scare tactic and i love them both equally.  i would love to go to boogerwoods just once...i just know it would be awesome!

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
B.W. Chucky

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 08:52:47 AM »

Boogerwoods is by far in my opinion the BEST trail around. I've been going for years. It's really incredible what kind of show these guys put on! Plus, It's all volunteer and it's going to a great cause. Last year, The Flatback was incredible and by their website they are bringing back "Booger Express"And the trail last around 45 minutes for only $15! I would recommend Boogerwoods to ANYONE! It's really hard to get tickets to boogerwoods cause it sales out so quick, So, you better get there early if you want to get tickets. Second choice would have to be Woods Of Terror.
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 09:18:47 AM »

A lot of the ones you like are on MY bucket list!  It's so hard to get the time to travel to them, especially when you work at a haunt.  I hope eventually I can make it to a few of those, like Netherworld and Erebus.  I would also like to hit up ESP one year (Eastern State Penitentiary). 

Anyone up for a road trip to Netherworld the first Friday in November?

Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 02:50:12 PM »

That sounds like it could be possible, Badger. I had seen were there were a couple large haunts up north open the first weekend in Nov .
I'll p.m. you & let's see what we can come up with.
Slaughter

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 09:38:43 AM »

My favorites would have to be Boogerwoods for the fun and hacker house for the scares.

campground massacre still is a haunt i love to frequent.
Slappy
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 10:32:15 AM »

I love haunted houses in general, and have been going to them for something like 30 years (yeah, that shows my age).  And while I know I've personally given some not-so-great reviews on here, the haunts we have in this area are phenomenal.  We have everything from small haunts, to very original haunts with no big-name or movie monsters, to huge spectacles.  There really is something for everyone within an hour of where most of us live.  I've been to haunted houses from Pittsburgh to Atlanta, but I have yet to see an area that includes such a diversity when it comes to haunted attractions.  Heck, we even have a haunted theme park!

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the smaller, original haunts.  I guess it's because that's what I grew up around.  It brings back great memories.  I love Hacker House (obviously), and Xtreme Fear, Mountain of Terror, Midway Wicked Woods, Castle of Horror, Camp Fear and Campground Massacre.  Nightmare on Independence was awesome, as is Dr. Evil's.  I like the feel of Haunted Mill.  Spookywoods and Woods of Terror are mind-blowing simply by their size and grandeur.  I haven't had a chance to do Haunted Pyramids, BarH or Slaughterhouse, but I hope to in the near future.  But are any of them "bad"?  Absolutely not.  If you truly are a haunt lover, every one of these haunts should have something you like.  Unless you're a total cynic.   Grin
jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 08:38:16 AM »

I love haunted houses in general, and have been going to them for something like 30 years (yeah, that shows my age).  And while I know I've personally given some not-so-great reviews on here, the haunts we have in this area are phenomenal.  We have everything from small haunts, to very original haunts with no big-name or movie monsters, to huge spectacles.  There really is something for everyone within an hour of where most of us live.  I've been to haunted houses from Pittsburgh to Atlanta, but I have yet to see an area that includes such a diversity when it comes to haunted attractions.  Heck, we even have a haunted theme park!

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the smaller, original haunts.  I guess it's because that's what I grew up around.  It brings back great memories.  I love Hacker House (obviously), and Xtreme Fear, Mountain of Terror, Midway Wicked Woods, Castle of Horror, Camp Fear and Campground Massacre.  Nightmare on Independence was awesome, as is Dr. Evil's.  I like the feel of Haunted Mill.  Spookywoods and Woods of Terror are mind-blowing simply by their size and grandeur.  I haven't had a chance to do Haunted Pyramids, BarH or Slaughterhouse, but I hope to in the near future.  But are any of them "bad"?  Absolutely not.  If you truly are a haunt lover, every one of these haunts should have something you like.  Unless you're a total cynic.   Grin

Well said.  Nightmare on Independence!! talk about nostalgia!! 
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 10:01:06 AM »

Most of my favorite haunts are no longer haunts Sad There was a haunted house on Independence BLVD where the car max is now, that place was so much fun!   Nightmare on independence was amazing I went every year they were open(Now they are building a walmart on the location) Dr Evil's haunted houses, I went every year it was open, even got a tour of the haunts at the Frightseekers spring haunting a few years ago. Dr. Morehead's Haunted Warehouse(Located in downtown Charlotte, loved everything about the haunt, they featured a maze that was so hard to get out of!)

The people who ran nightmare on independence have relocated! Nightmares of University Place
9014 JM Keynes Dr.
Charlotte, NC 28262
704-593-6000
Just off highway 29 (N. Tryon St.) in the Shoppes at University Place beside Old Navy

Haunts that I love that are open, Scarowinds(Been there 10 years, missed it last year) Hacker house, X-Treme Fear, Woods of terror, Campground massacre, mountain of terror, haunted mill.

You can run, but you cannot hide
Slappy
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 10:38:42 AM »

I used to go to a haunt in Kernersville every year.  It was right on the main drag, down from the store fronts a bit.  It was in an old, dilapidated house and there was always an impressive Michael Myers there.  But they stopped putting it on years ago.  The old was just the perfect setting for a haunted house.  Might have been better if it was a bit more secluded, but still pretty good.
k2quiere
Completely Haunted

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 12:17:25 PM »

Oh how I have missed you all!!!

I have to agree with Slappy that the diversity of haunts all within 1-2 hour drive is part of what makes living here bearable  Wink Cheesy

I usually got to a lot of the haunts around her, but there are just a few that I REFUSE to miss:  Hacker House, Midway, and Xtreme Fear.

I would so be down for a road trip to Hotlanta to see a haunt.  Wouldn't be the first time I've driven there and back in a day.

K2
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 12:22:01 PM »

I admit I have my absolute favorites, however, I love all of them. All of them are so different! I try really hard to check out the set designs and props, but have to admit I am usually running so some are a blur lol. I prefer the ones that do not have guides, but I do love Boogerwoods. They use their guides as part of the haunt and it works for them. The cage last year took us all by surprise.

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
Terrorizer
Mostly Haunted

Dont Run

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »

My fav would have to be WoT because of their amazing sets and the waiting area!

Close your eyes and count to seven, when you wake you'll be in heaven.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: