November 23, 2017, 05:22:59 PM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Original Hollywood Horror Show  (Read 1966 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« on: September 15, 2011, 08:51:13 AM »

Anyone know if this place is open this year?  Website is not updated and noticed it doesn't have a listing under "Area Haunts" on the front page.  Ive read a little in the past and thought we might be able to hit this on the treck to the Slaughterhouse...

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Slappy
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 10:55:53 AM »

Don't know for sure, but they always like to be "last minute".  I think they like to build tension.  I had heard they were having some problems though, so they may not be around this year.
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 03:46:08 PM »

Dean Jones, who owns the attraction, is a movie director in Hollywood.  Perhaps he's off working on a film or something.  I have not seen him in nearly a year nor has he returned my emails...  Huh

wes2cool
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 12:14:21 AM »

Your not missing much. I went several years ago and wasnt very satisfied. Yes, they had good graphics but the haunt really wasnt that good. It was a guided tour and our guide kept pointing out the scares as we walked up to them. Nice scenery but not worth the 2 hour+ drive we took to get there.

Holla at me on Facebook www.facebook.com/wes2cool

Or on Xbox Live: ZACK RYDER FTW
CoasterKerry
Haunted

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 12:38:16 PM »

I just checked out the website and they have dates for this season.  You'll be excited to know they've captured a random Twilight actor...Mike, the blonde teen without a chance with Bella, for autographs.  I know how much MJones would love to add that  to his collection! 

I went to this a looong time ago and was disappointed at the time.  The effects were great!  But no scares at all...I remember the deck of a Kingon warship, but the Klingons didn't even turn around and look at us!  Very intimidating characters, but no follow through.  They did have a direct descendent of Edgar Allen Poe reciting the Raven outside.  That was very cool.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: