November 25, 2017, 12:54:25 AM
News: Visit a North Carolina haunt this weekend!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Prices!  (Read 1376 times)
wes2cool
Completely Haunted

« on: September 23, 2011, 12:24:59 AM »

Bling blaw wow! Has anyone noticed the price increase at basically all the haunted houses this year. I think X-Treme fear stayed the same but Spookywoods and WoT are $30! Wowza that makes it hard on an ol boy to see his ghost and goblins  haha. I like to go to as many as possible but my partner in crime isnt going to be able to travel with me this year like as in the past bc of the price increase. We are  still going to visit all three i just mentioned but ima have to fly solo for some of these other places. Not gonna be the same this year. Economy decreases, prices increases. Sad times for alot of ppl

Holla at me on Facebook www.facebook.com/wes2cool

Or on Xbox Live: ZACK RYDER FTW
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:49:15 AM »

Most places I saw were close to the same prices.  IIRC, Woods of Terror is also $15 on Thurs/Sundays.......one of the reasons I take people on off nights (also to cut down on lines).

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Carolina Haunter
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 07:25:32 AM »

Boogerwoods is staying the same price of $15.00    $25.00 Fast Pass. We've been told for years that our price is to cheap compared to others but I think that is a fair price.
Slappy
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 09:29:18 AM »

You all make very valid points.  And this is something that we're going to take into account this year with the official reviews.  We will be including a new portion "Boo for your buck."  This will basically allow the reviewers the opportunity to say if they think they got their moneys worth at a haunt.  So haunt owners (especially those with price increases), you better step up your scares since you stepped up your cost!
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »

There's a haunt I've heard about in Michigan that is changing it's prices that normally range from $13.00 (or $20.00 for a VIP package) to one all-inclusive price of...$5.00.  Their theory is that for that amount, they should be able to get many more people through the doors, plus it allows folks to visit other haunts in the area without worrying about if they are getting their money's worth.  I will be VERY interested to know if their strategy works.  If it does, I hope other follow suit...

Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:11:48 PM »

At our haunt we have had the same $10.00 price since we opened here 6 years ago. We added the hayride 4 years ago to give more to the customer, but made it a  seperate attraction. This way the customer can choose either one for $10.00 or do both on a combo ticket for $15.00.
You can see some of our haunt at www.theslaughterhousehorror.com
Slaughter

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Karmakrazy13
Completely Haunted

Frightseeking Since 2007

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 04:55:47 PM »

At our haunt we have had the same $10.00 price since we opened here 6 years ago. We added the hayride 4 years ago to give more to the customer, but made it a  seperate attraction. This way the customer can choose either one for $10.00 or do both on a combo ticket for $15.00.
You can see some of our haunt at www.theslaughterhousehorror.com
Slaughter

That is what i'm talking about!

You can run, but you cannot hide
Roadkill
Haunted

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »

I too was surprisedat all the rate increases not to mention you gonna charge 5 bucks just to park?
Hacker House is 15 dollars, NO PARKING fees either. Wink
TheDark
A Little Haunted

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 12:42:52 PM »

Well.. as for X-treme Fear, believe it or not, we had to go up on our price a few years ago because we had so many people turn around and LEAVE because they said we were too cheap! It can't be much.. they would say.. HONESTLY??? That was when we were 12 bucks.. So we went to 15... then we put a $5.00 off coupon on NC Haunts, and printed 30,000 flyers with $5.00 off coupons on them, so we went up to $20.00 to help compensate. It just seems like a better value to people to pay $15.00 for a trail normally priced at $20. And just for the record, we get more coupons from NC Haunts than from anywhere else!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: