November 17, 2017, 06:17:24 PM
News: Visit a North Carolina haunt this weekend!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Making Monsters  (Read 1115 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« on: October 02, 2011, 07:16:02 PM »

New show on the Travel Channel....can't tell if this is going to be a series or a one time thing.  Pretty cool as it's the inner workings of a company that makes animatronics for haunted houses. 

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Slappy
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 08:06:22 PM »

Very cool, I haven't heard of this.  When does it come on, I'd like to check it out?
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 06:15:28 AM »

It is a series.  Apparently Sunday nights at 8pm on the Travel Channel.  It showed them getting props ready for TransWorld this week.  Next week they put together some huge props for an Alice Cooper concert...

handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 11:45:36 AM »

I caught this last night, midway through. I want the monster with head that moves up with the body/costume to run at people. Can't remember the name, but I loved it. I'd like to make a low tech version of that myself for a Halloween party. I believe if I were that company I'd be packing my props in some kind of foam/padding in a crate, and maybe they wouldn't get so beat up on the way.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 02:55:28 PM »

The Alice Cooper Frankenstein on the latest episode was amazing! They also had a mini-tour of the Morris Costumes warehouse in Charlotte, NC and haunted house (Dr. Evils) that the frightseekers got to see on the spring haunt outing in 2009.

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 03:04:26 PM »

Damn....forgot to dvr this show.  Hope they re-show some.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: