November 18, 2017, 05:16:38 AM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: costume  (Read 1545 times)
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« on: October 10, 2011, 11:49:24 AM »

So, we're going to gravediggers ball this year and I've decided on making a camera costume out of cardboard boxes. I'm also making huge skeleton hands that will be on either side and on top will be a skull, like a skeleton is taking a picture. Can anyone think of any special effect that I can work into the box? I want to put a battery operated strobe where the flash would be and maybe some kind of light in the lens. What else could I add that would grab someone's attention? I thought about a little confetti gun or streamers gun, through a hole somewhere.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 01:51:21 PM »

Make the lens turnable/zoomable/focusable?  (Are those actual words?)  It would be really cool if you can find a way to add a grid-style light meter to it, and project a laser-light grid on people.
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:39:44 PM »

that would be cool, now how would i do it - have to investigate that further

Fortune Favors the Bold
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »

Here are some examples of other people's costumes that have made cameras before:

I want mine to have a skull and skelly hands on the side. My skull will inspired by these awesome papercraft skeletons from I Want Your Skull:

Fortune Favors the Bold
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »

Slappy, are you talking about something like this? Looks cool. Wonder if I can find it for cheaper than $30

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 10:54:04 AM »

Something like what?  What was pictured above, or am I missing something?  The costumes above would make an interesting combination, but you definitely need something to make it really stand out.
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 11:51:42 PM »

We needed a zombie for a party poster we're making for friends. Got my mom to dress up as a zombie attending prom. We took lots of pics, and I snapped this one really quick on my phone.

This one is pretty funny too; my mom had zombie blood (molasses and catalina dressing; worked in a pinch) oozing out of her mouth. We couldn't get our dog, Martini to leave her alone, and martini was below licking it up, I know, so gross. I about died laughing throughout this shoot, it was sooo funny.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: