November 21, 2017, 08:35:14 AM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Raleigh haunts.  (Read 2176 times)
andy43

« on: October 10, 2011, 03:59:07 PM »

Why is there such a lack of haunts in the Raleigh area? I have been to a few around here (not mentioning any names) but they have less than impressed me. I have to travel two hours to Greensboro to get to the good ones, it seems. Have any of you found a haunt in the triangle that was any good?
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 09:40:52 AM »

I've heard good things about the Clayton Fear Farm but I've never been.  Other than that, I don't know of any outside of a couple home haunts...

luckeeesmom

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 08:17:35 AM »

I've been to the Raleigh Jaycees haunted house a few times. It is usually entertaining and well thought out but not super scary. Two years ago when it was in the old Circuit City on Creedmoor they had a pretty nice all dark maze that was very narrow. I enjoyed finding my way though that.

I went to a haunted attraction off capital blvd a few years back not far from downtown. It was a complete waste of money. No scares, just herded quickly through a maze with no real creativity or surprises, just the standard beating on wall noises.
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 05:49:46 PM »

The only one's  I know about are
our haunt  ...... The Slaughter House Horror
                               Darkside Haunted Estates,  located literally right across the street from us.
                               Clayton fear Farm
                              the Raleigh Jaycees  .... not sure if they are going one this year..

You can check out our haunt at www.slaughterhousehorror.com  & also PLEASE read our reviews here on this forum.
Hope you have a happy haunt season.
Slaughter.

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »

Raleigh is just not the type of city to host an event like this, not to offend anyone here, but overall their community is to "uppity"...whereas Greensboro and Charlotte are both more Urban.  My 2-cents is it's because of the nightlife each City caters to.  Hope I have not started a shit storm by putting this out here.  For the record, I love Raleigh.  They have lots of great social offerings - just not Haunted Houses.  I am with Slaughter, his haunt is legit.  Read the reviews, fans don't lie.  Can't speak for any of the others listed.  I too wish Raleigh had something as good as Xtreme Fear or Mountain of Terror (obviously my 2 favorite haunts...so far)!

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
zombieheavymetal

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 07:30:51 AM »

Raleigh area: Slaughter House should definitely be first on the list. Last year was my first time to the Slaughter House and I look forward to returning soon. After that I don't know. All haunted attractions have something  in their "show" that is good, even the not so good productions. I will go to any haunted house at least once. I will return to the better attractions and recommend them to people who ask.    
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:33:18 AM by zombieheavymetal » Logged

I cut the flesh and make it bleed, Fresh skin is what I need, I let it dry out in the wood, All your crying did no good...
luckeeesmom

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »

I think the bad one I went to on Capital was Frightmare. It was so bad that I will never go  back for another try and it doesn't look like they are having it this year. I've been to ultra low budget haunted houses in people's back yards that were way better than that one Smiley 

Unfortunately Slaughterhouse will not be open until the weekend after we visit Darkside Estates but maybe I can check it out later in the month.

The other Raleigh-area haunted attractions I've seen advertised so far are:
Haunted Forest at Panic Point 2808 Cedar Creek Rd. in Youngsville, NC  (Living social coupon out this week for $7 admission)
Silent Forest in Creedmoor
Darkside Estates in Middlesex
Slaughterhouse in Middlesex
Harvested Farm Nightmares in Garner (Ken's Corn Maze) (Saw a coupon for this one on one of the groupon-ish sites as well)
Philips Farm Revenge of the Farm Hands: Zombie Apocolypse in Cary
Clayton Fear Farm

If anyone is looking for a fun family event with afterparty, my workplace is organizing the Durham Monster Dash on 10/26/12 to benefit 
http://www.facebook.com/DurhamMonsterDash?ref=hl

It doesn't look like the Raleigh or Durham Jaycees are having houses this year.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: