November 23, 2017, 02:25:48 AM
News: Join FrightSeekers for the inside info on haunts!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Week 3- where ya going?  (Read 3513 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« on: October 13, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »

How is it week 3 of the season already?!?!

Friday-  Nightmare on Scales Street and Castle of Horror

Saturday-  Our first attempt at a "triple feature"  Campground Massacre, NC Fright Factory, and The Haunted Mill

Sunday-  Spookywoods

I'm a bit tired (but also excited) just reading that....

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Slappy
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 07:05:22 PM »

Just a warning, you will be extremely hard pressed to make all 3 of those haunts in one night, at least from my experience.  Haunted Mill has some of the slowest lines I've waited in, and Campground is pretty slow, too.  Just FYI.
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 07:07:01 PM »

Slaughterhouse Friday night!!!!!!!!

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 07:34:27 PM »

Appreciate the heads up!  I think that will make the decision to hit Campground first as I expect it to be the best and want to "show it off" to those that haven't been that are with me.  Have to look at a map to see where we should go next.  Hmmmm planning, planning...

ReLlIK ThE KiLlEr CloWn
Completely Haunted

MaKeS ME LAfF!

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 09:42:32 PM »

You should switch your nights and come to castle of horror saturday night! I won't be at the castle tomo night. i have school play to do.

I'm not a clown that makes you laugh, instead you MAKE ME LAUGH as you Scream in PAIN!
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 10:57:44 PM »

Slaughterhouse Friday night!!!!!!!!

Well, our FIRST fright seeker......over the years we have had A LOT of people that say they saw us on NCHAUNTS, but you will be our first offical fright seeker, so I think you might get a little special treatment.
Slaughter.

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
MickeyMayhem
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 12:13:16 AM »

We are heading to Spookywoods Sunday night. Can't wait we haven't been in a couple of years.
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 06:17:55 AM »

Pawn- sorry can't do it.  Gotta work Sat. AM so can't attempt the triple feature tonight.  You should just skip the school play.... Wink

ReLlIK ThE KiLlEr CloWn
Completely Haunted

MaKeS ME LAfF!

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 07:00:40 AM »

Wish I could! But I sorta directed the play.. and playing main role, and do makeup! I'm supposed to be recieving an award tonight from my honors theatre society.. BUT the play is Edgar allen Poe stuff.. so at least its scary! Cheesy

I'm not a clown that makes you laugh, instead you MAKE ME LAUGH as you Scream in PAIN!
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 07:45:11 AM »

Friday - NC State Fair so I might hit a dark ride or two

Saturday - Charlotte Zombie Walk (over by 8:30-9:00) and maybe NC Fright Factory or Hunted Mill after that

Sunday - Anything open in Charlotte?

bethyboo
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 08:12:34 AM »

Thought some of you might want to know about some discount tickets I found on the internet.  Here is the link and you can only purchase them for a couple more days.  http://www.getmyperks.com/publishers/entercom-greensboro/daily_deals/37847?utm_campaign=20111013&utm_medium=email&utm_source=entercom-greensboro

There is a discount for Xtreme Fear and Castle of Horror.  Hope this helps someone!
nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 10:27:57 PM »

Went to Slaughter...oh my goodness...writing a review real soon.  This might very well be our sleeper haunt, it just might be!!

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »

I don't know whether this needs its on topic if not. Review team members, when you present your Frightseekers badges, are you being given fast passes or general admisssion tickets? I thought I saw mention of both. I know sometimes in years past, we've received fast passes through some, and g.a. through others. I'm grateful for either, I am just curious.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 12:53:55 PM »

You ask  good question rubies.  The ID's are only meant to provide general admission, but I know some haunt owners are nice enough to step up the customer service and allow our review team fast passes and VIP treatments.  Now I know, personally, that some lines I wouldn't mind waiting in due to the actors and/or attractions allotted to that area.  But some others, the lines are just way too long.  My question is...has any "special treatment" affected your review?  If so, this may be something that needs to be addressed for next season.
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 10:14:37 PM »

While at our haunt" the Slaughter House Horror,we haven't had any of the Nchaunts review teams stop by, there are other teams  who review haunts on blogs & social sites that have stoped by. We will almost always comp the addmission, but NOT a fast pass or advance their "spot" in line. I feel as though some of the best parts of expericing some haunts  happens before you even enter. When done properly the whole mood gets set by things like music, scenery, sound of distant screaming & chain saws, even seeing other customers "freaking out" about getting ready to enter. All this is completely thrown away with the use of a "fast pass", don't get me wrong no one wants to wait in line for an hour...but if the review teams do... so does everyone else.....does this affects their review? I'm sure the "regular customers" are affected by the wait also, and the haunt should try to fix the problem.
 I realize this is a problem we all have to a degree, but thats why "we" have characters in the front of the house interacting with customers & we  ENCOURAGE the use of photos with our characters & sets  while waiting at our haunt. I don't understand why so many do not, with all the camera phones & personal devices these days it's going to happen...so you might as well use it to "help pass the wait time"  & get some free advertising out of it, not to mention these people are going to show these pics to other people & tell them about the haunt.
The bottom line is NO ONE likes to wait in line ,but as it gets closer to Oct 31 the lines WILL get longer.So, my feelings are that we all should just deal with it best we can......soon we'll have 11 months to wait and will WANT to be standing back in that line again.
Just my 2 cents .
Slaughter
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:11:18 PM by slaughter » Logged

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: