November 20, 2017, 07:57:47 PM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Question to Fright seekers  (Read 1772 times)
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« on: October 17, 2011, 09:01:31 PM »

Ok guys, I want some input...
I have mixed feeling about what I'm getting ready to ask & I'll explain after I ask .

If you were going to a haunt with a member of the forum that you have talked to but never met...
would you like to meet the "person" or have them stay in character & meet the "character"?
I have ALL the staff follow the "NEVER break character, unless it's an emergancy" rule, but it a lot harder when you "run" the haunt.... having to deal with review teams,  newspaper people, special guest so on.

Just want some insight on this topic.
Slaughter

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 09:13:11 PM »

Can I answer as "both"?  During the haunt itself I'd want to meet the character......but part of the fun I've found is hangin out afterwards discussing the haunt with the owners/actors. 

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
hauntedgenre

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »

Well.... what's the purpose of this meeting?  Is it a date?   Kiss In that case, I'd want to meet the person but it could be super freaky to meet the character done up, but both parties would have to really do it up.  If it's to review another haunt, then I'd say the character since it's in keeping with the whole haunt thing.  But my partner would go as her cuz, you know, less make-up & less hassle.  Does the haunt have rules about patrons dressing up?  You know what?? Just take your chainsaw to be on the safe side.

If you don't pay attention and if your imagination isn't pretty much engaged, you're going to miss things and you're going to miss opportunities for it to be as compelling and as creepy as it can be. -Bruce Greenwood
ReLlIK ThE KiLlEr CloWn
Completely Haunted

MaKeS ME LAfF!

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 09:28:40 PM »

My opinion..meet the character in haunt hours.. after hours.. meet the real person! I never break character unlesss absolute have to.. I don't wanna make other costumers mad by hearing me (as a person)

I'm not a clown that makes you laugh, instead you MAKE ME LAUGH as you Scream in PAIN!
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 09:40:45 PM »

Well.... what's the purpose of this meeting?  Is it a date?   Kiss In that case, I'd want to meet the person but it could be super freaky to meet the character done up, but both parties would have to really do it up.  If it's to review another haunt, then I'd say the character since it's in keeping with the whole haunt thing.  But my partner would go as her cuz, you know, less make-up & less hassle.  Does the haunt have rules about patrons dressing up?  You know what?? Just take your chainsaw to be on the safe side.

I'll say it different,  if you went to a haunt  and there were another frightseeker "who you have talked to a lot but never met" was a "character" working at the haunt would you want to meet the "man" or have them just stay in character... I ask because I've been on both sides of the coin.. where I was the customer met the "character" & would liked to met the "man"  & also I've been the "character" & felt like the customer  really should met the "man" .
Is that better?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:44:26 PM by slaughter » Logged

nctrembley0613
Completely Haunted

Acherontia atropos

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »

i want to meet the person, not the character.  i like the person to person connection.  favorable conditions would be to see the character in action 1st, then meet the person behind the mask.  in this case, having interacted with so many on this forum, i want to meet the person...i already know the characters are great!

...I find delight in the gruesome and grim...(Oh that's terrible! Madam Mim)...Thank you my boy, but that's nothing, nothing for me, cause I'm the magnificent, marvelous,...mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!!
Radiant_Red
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »

If first meeting at the haunt...then the "character" first and out of character after.

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 10:42:23 PM »

Yeah character first, real person after.

Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 06:24:03 AM »

If I met someone while working, I might acknowledge them as a 'person' for a brief second, but then go back into character and remain there until the end of the night.  I might even work it into my character.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:25:56 AM by Badger » Logged

Slappy
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 08:30:36 AM »

I would want them to be in character while I was going through the haunt.  Then, if I could hang around until they closed, I'd like to meet the real person.  Fortunately for me, I've met most of the Frightseekers that are either actors or on the review team outside of the haunt, so I know both sides of them.  And it's odd how some of their characters are just like them, and some are completely different.  But stay in character, show me what you can do, that's what I'm there for.
jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 11:13:59 AM »

yeah, like most of you it seems... i'd rather meet the character while in the haunt.  after it closes though, i would hope to meet the person. 
ReLlIK ThE KiLlEr CloWn
Completely Haunted

MaKeS ME LAfF!

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 10:20:24 PM »

I met Slappy and Honey tonight! Smiley Well... "Rellik" did.. Hahahahahha! Good time..

I'm not a clown that makes you laugh, instead you MAKE ME LAUGH as you Scream in PAIN!
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 05:49:36 PM »

Can I answer as "both"?  During the haunt itself I'd want to meet the character......but part of the fun I've found is hangin out afterwards discussing the haunt with the owners/actors. 

Glad you got to met the caharacter, & the man is glad to meet you guys too. Hope you have a happy rest of the season.
Slaughter.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: