November 23, 2017, 10:41:01 PM
News: Do something scary... go to a Haunted House!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Recapping the season  (Read 1272 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« on: November 01, 2011, 06:09:55 PM »

Hard to believe it's all over except for the last ditch weekend at some haunts.  Looking back on the month we hit 16 haunts....13 of the 14 featured ones.  We were slated to hit all 14 but that last rain/sleet storm cancelled things out.

First time visits to The Slaughterhouse Horror Experience, Darkside Haunted Estates, and the NC Fright Factory.  Slaughterhouse takes my "Rookie of the Year" Award.

Alright a top 5:

Honorable mention-  Boogerwoods........not the scariest but hands down the most "fun".  And it all goes to charity!  

5.  Woods of Terror-
If you had told me at the beginning of the season that this haunt would sniff my top five I would have laughed till I cried.  I have not enjoyed myself in years past.  We still had some major issues but this year far surpassed my expectations and ended up being a load of fun.  Best sets in the state.  

4.  Nightmare on Scales Street-
#1 two years ago, #2 last year, I still LOVE this place but it slips in the rankings due to not enough change year to year.  They still have my #1 prop in the state and some tight scares.  

3.  Hacker House-
Dark, menacing, with the best set of ad-libbing actors around.  Bonus points for the swamp scene.

2.  The Campground Massacre
Holy animatronics, Batman.  Amazing props with solid back-woods goodness.

1.  Midway Wicked Woods
The most relentless scares we experienced all year.  Best maze, best clowns, coolest vehicle.  These guys brought it this year.

Edited to add---- a giant thank you to the featured haunts, NCHaunts, and especially Mr. Slappy. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:30:01 PM by packbacker » Logged

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:38:34 PM »

Thanks Packbacker,
It means a lot to be placed in the company of some of the best haunts in N.C., & I realize our haunt is still in the "growing" stages. "BIG" plans are in the works for next year already....you know what I mean from our converstion after the haunt. Hope you guys get to make it back to see the show again next season.
Thanks again,
Slaughter.

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »

Thank you for posting us number 1! Glad you had that much fun, just wait till you see next year Grin

Carolina Haunter
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:42:32 AM »

Thanks Packbacker, We used to be one of the scariest 25 years ago but you just don't get repeat customers that way. That's why people say "If you go to Boogerwoods and didn't have fun then there is something wrong with you". We did turn the scare factor back up a little the next weekend after you were there. Thanks again....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Hard to believe it's all over except for the last ditch weekend at some haunts.  Looking back on the month we hit 16 haunts....13 of the 14 featured ones.  We were slated to hit all 14 but that last rain/sleet storm cancelled things out.

First time visits to The Slaughterhouse Horror Experience, Darkside Haunted Estates, and the NC Fright Factory.  Slaughterhouse takes my "Rookie of the Year" Award.

Alright a top 5:

Honorable mention-  Boogerwoods........not the scariest but hands down the most "fun".  And it all goes to charity!  

5.  Woods of Terror-
If you had told me at the beginning of the season that this haunt would sniff my top five I would have laughed till I cried.  I have not enjoyed myself in years past.  We still had some major issues but this year far surpassed my expectations and ended up being a load of fun.  Best sets in the state.  

4.  Nightmare on Scales Street-
#1 two years ago, #2 last year, I still LOVE this place but it slips in the rankings due to not enough change year to year.  They still have my #1 prop in the state and some tight scares.  

3.  Hacker House-
Dark, menacing, with the best set of ad-libbing actors around.  Bonus points for the swamp scene.

2.  The Campground Massacre
Holy animatronics, Batman.  Amazing props with solid back-woods goodness.

1.  Midway Wicked Woods
The most relentless scares we experienced all year.  Best maze, best clowns, coolest vehicle.  These guys brought it this year.

Edited to add---- a giant thank you to the featured haunts, NCHaunts, and especially Mr. Slappy. 
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 03:08:02 PM »

Very sad that I won't get to see most of you for another year. Waya, bethyboo and I will go back to filling our time with real haunts until next season. Planning on going to The Devils Tramping Ground this weekend.

Picking top 5 haunts is hard since they are all bring something different!

#5: Boogerwoods-great fun, proceeds go to cystic fibrosis and flatback.

#4: Castle of Horror-they improved the Castle and everyone had a lot of energy. Several really great scares. Of course we can't forget about ReLlIK the killer clown!

#3: this one is a tie between X-treme Fear and Slaughterhouse-these are both "Old School" haunts which I love because you don't know what's coming and adds paranoia to the scares. The owners of both of these are always happy to talk to you and make you feel very welcome. Both have a way of making me wonder if I will survive.

#2: Midway Wicked Woods-they were very in your face especially the clowns! All the actors are really into their characters, great sets and one of the best mazes ever. Terrified us!

Drum roll please...
#1: Hacker House-never ever have we been so terrified and traumatized before! I really think everyone here enjoys their roles a little too much. They never break character and seem to never tire. This is my all time favorite and I can't wait to see what new horror they have in store for us next year!

Thank you to all the haunt owners, actors and workers for allowing me to have the best haunt season of my life!

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
ReLlIK ThE KiLlEr CloWn
Completely Haunted

MaKeS ME LAfF!

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 04:25:07 PM »

Awesome to hear we made your top 5!!!

I'm not a clown that makes you laugh, instead you MAKE ME LAUGH as you Scream in PAIN!
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »

Very sad that I won't get to see most of you for another year. Waya, bethyboo and I will go back to filling our time with real haunts until next season. Planning on going to The Devils Tramping Ground this weekend.

Picking top 5 haunts is hard since they are all bring something different!

#3: this one is a tie between X-treme Fear and Slaughterhouse-these are both "Old School" haunts which I love because you don't know what's coming and adds paranoia to the scares. The owners of both of these are always happy to talk to you and make you feel very welcome. Both have a way of making me wonder if I will survive.

Thank you to all the haunt owners, actors and workers for allowing me to have the best haunt season of my life!

Sissy,
so glad you guys enjoyed our haunt & if there is anyone that I'm glad to be "grouped" with it's the people  at X-treme Fear, I've said for years both of our haunts have the same "feeling & kind of style". Heck we wouldn't be what we are today without a "little help" from those guys a couple years ago.
Thanks again we are honored.
Slaughter.

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 06:35:09 PM »

The "old school" haunts are similar to some of the old black and white horror. Since not everything is not graphically shown it kicks your imagination in gear which makes it so much more creepy! My all time favorite horror movie is the original "Night of the Living Dead". Granted the acting isn't so great but it forces your imagination to take what you are seeing and hearing even farther. Your haunt and X-treme Fears is similar because it forces your imagination to kick in and brings back memories of all the things that might be in the dark waiting or even worse, stalking you.

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: