November 19, 2017, 12:51:16 PM
News: Visit a North Carolina haunt this weekend!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MAD MONSTER PARTY in Charlotte March 23-25th  (Read 3548 times)
Badger
Completely Haunted

« on: January 04, 2012, 10:06:20 AM »

http://www.themadmonsterparty.com/index.html

I'm helping the organizers look for about 50 people to volunteer and help out to the event.  If there's anyone who would be interested in coming to the Queen City to help out, please let me know.  I'm meeting the organizers in February and will have more details then...

The guest list alone looks STELLAR...

Cool

krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:11:15 PM »

What all does this involve? I might be interested.

Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »

Once I meet with the organizers next month (they live in Hollywood), I should know what is needed by then.  Stay tuned for further details as they become available...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:21:18 PM by Badger » Logged

jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 08:26:03 AM »

hey badger, i live in charlotte.  i might be free to volunteer to help out.  just keep us informed on the details. 
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »

Consider me interested, badger.  Depends on work schedule on my end.  At the least I plan on attending for a single day.  Missed this post, checked out the link and it's time to pop my convention cherry.

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 01:51:30 PM »

Just wondering if there was any word about needing help for this event. 
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 06:01:25 PM »

Here is an email I received last night:

Thanks for forwarding this, Badger...

Greetings, Mad Monster Party Squad!
This is Joe Moe (no wisecracks!, Well, OK - go for it). I'm one of the organizers of this, the 1st annual Mad Monster Party at the Blake Hotel In Charlotte, NC. March 23rd-25th. My business partner Eben McGarr and I are extremely excited to meet you and thrilled you've decided to assist us in throwing the biggest, baddest horror party ever! You are all vital to our success.

We're entertainers presenting an entertainment event populated by some of Hollywood's most beloved genre entertainers. You're probably getting the idea that the operative word here is, "ENTERTAIN!" You're right, our attendees are the life blood of events like ours and we'll be depending on all of you to make them feel, not only thrilled to be in the company of our movie stars, but like movie stars themselves.

What can you expect of us? Well, you can depend on us to treat you with the respect and consideration any important Mad Monster family member deserves. After all, we want you to be proud to be associated with us and if we're not all having a great time providing a great experience for our attendees while taking care of each other, what's the point, right?

Our pal Badger was kind enough to pass this introduction on to you. After this weekend we'll have a better idea of the logistics and schedule of our event. You'll be hearing from us very soon. We're planning an orientation, on site, Thursday March 22nd at the Blake. Until then, spread the word that the monsters are coming!
Your Beast Fiend,
Joe Moe

Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 04:38:38 PM »

Looks good, can't wait! Transword, then this just a few days later.... like Halloween in March!

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 07:31:25 AM »

Anyone who's still interested in volunteering, please IM me your name, number, and email.  Thanks...

Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 11:51:17 AM »

Got the duty lists. LAST CALL for anyone to send me info...

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 07:43:21 PM »

I should be there tomorrow.  Any other frightseekers attending?

NCHadmin
Administrator
Completely Haunted

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »

soooo....

How was it?
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »

Pretty cool, got to meet a lot of people & horror actors, there was a lot of movie merchandise there too. It was my first convention that was not a "haunt convention" so it was a little different having to remember that everyone there was not from a haunt & "just" a horror fan.
I hooked up with the owners of  X- treme Fear & we went through the Haunted Mill together... all round a good time,
But here was my personal highlight!

Mr Otis Driftwood himself Bill Moseley!

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 06:36:35 PM »

I had a blast.  This was my convention cherry.  I knew I was in the right place when I parked about 50 feet from the truck from "Duel".  5 minutes after getting inside I'm walking past Angus Scrimm. 

Tons of merchandise, a decent number of celebrities, and screenings/panels.  I met Bill Moseley, Dee Wallace, Angus Scrimm, Richard Moll, Ricou Browning, PJ Soles, and had brief words with Brad Dourif and the chick from Frankenhooker.  Just total fan-boy fun.  I think next year I'll grab a room and do a 2 day visit. 

The other thing- so cool to be around that many horror fans.  Loads of people in costumes.  People that spoke my language.....knew I was in the right place when while waiting on a friend I saw a 30 something guy almost in tears carrying a chucky doll brad dourif just signed. 

jhc36
Mostly Haunted

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 07:20:58 AM »

I had a great time volunteering thurs-sun.  I will definitely be back next year to volunteer.  Great time and made a bunch of new friends.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: