November 22, 2017, 12:42:41 AM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Spring haunt?  (Read 5867 times)
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 06:25:40 AM »

There are several that open the last weekend in September.........but I'm guessing that those of y'all owning/working at haunts would be too busy at that point to meet up. 

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 04:16:14 PM »

not me...I love going to the haunts, I see ours enough...   HOWEVER  I'm not too interested in going to the type of "big, haunted, amusement park types".... more "old school" style, those of you who know me...know what I'm saying...
Slaughter

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »

ps,
I'm not going to pay to park either!

Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 06:04:06 PM »

this could be pushing the whole "spring" thing but dose anybody know of any haunts opening in Sept.?
Nightmare on Independence comes to mind....I've never been but heard they are inside & I think they open pretty early in the season..

Ok I CAN admit when I wrong...the haunt I " MEANT" was Nightmare on Scales street...totally got confused due to the similarly of the names. Their web site  is  
http://www.nosshauntedhouse.com

Slappy
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 11:19:39 AM »

Slaughter, are you carrying on a conversation with yourself again? 

So it seems like Sunday would be the best day.  Now we just need to decide on an exact date and activities.  Open to more suggestions...
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 02:26:39 PM »

I'm guessing August or early Sept. so those that *work* in the haunt industry could come....I assume those last weeks/days before the season opens are full.  I'm cool with whatever- lunch/dinner, movie, etc.  Guessing attending a haunt would be difficult as most aren't open on Sundays and again those working in the industry may be too busy to go.

Slappy
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »

That sounds like a good plan packbacker.  Let's find out when movies are starting for sure, then we can start deciding on a meeting place and restaurant.  I'm going to suggest somewhere near Greensboro, so maybe Slaughter and crew won't have to drive so far.
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 06:26:07 PM »

Greensboro will be fine with me, but I'll go wherever....there probably  will not be too many others coming from the "east side" but what ever works best for everyone.

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 08:29:14 PM »

Think GSO is a good idea.  I think we have folks interested from W-S, Statesville, Pilot Mtn area, and then slaughter from "down east". 

Perused IMDB tonight and here is what I have opening in Aug/Sept:

Aug 3- Total Recall
Aug 17- ParaNorman (kiddie but the trailer looked fun)
Aug 24-  The Apparition
Aug 31-  The possession
Sept 14- Resident Evil Retribution
Sept 21- Dredd 3D, House at the end of the street
Sept 28 Hotel Transylvania

and of course we don't have to do horror but hey we know what we like Smiley  And Sinister doesnt open until Oct....

Slappy
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 08:12:41 AM »

Good list packbacker.  I saw an advertisement for "Frankenweenie", too.  But again, it doesn't open till October.  I'd be up for pretty much any of these.  If interested parties could start letting us know what date and/or movie they would prefer, we could definitely get this thing rolling.  And perhaps even get discounted group rates for the movie?  I'm going to suggest one of the following three, The Apparition, The Possession or Resident Evil.  Anyone else?
Badger
Completely Haunted

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »

What about after the 'end' of the season?  Netherworld always stays open through the first weekend in November, mostly to let haunt owners and actors get a chance to make the quick run to Atlanta to see it.  I have worked the queue lines and parking lot the last night of the season for the past few years...

Slappy
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »

Why not do both?
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 05:36:05 PM »

Well,
Any will be fine with me, but my 1st pick would be Resident Evil...I love the games, the series of  movies & just all the Zombies. 
As for a trip to Neitherworld....I'd love to go, tried last year, but did the whole Halloween held over due to all the rain we had on Halloween and boy am I glad I did...those 6 people that took advantage of it really put my season over the edge.....
I can say Badger "gets around"....
let me clarify...
He's known for working in & outside of some "big" time haunts, & he always makes it fun when he sees you.
Although, I always seem to have to travel out of state to see him act....
Interesting......
Just kidding.
Slaughter

packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 07:28:22 PM »

I can do any.  The weekend of Aug 31st would be the worst for me as I'll be in ATL that fri/sat.    And you know when I saw ParaNorman I was thinking Frankenweenie.....which I think is gonna be great.

krb187
Completely Haunted

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »

Yeah i vote Resident Evil too

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: