November 21, 2017, 03:05:34 AM
News: Do something scary... go to a Haunted House!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: IT  (Read 1288 times)
SouthernJack89

IT
« on: June 26, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »

Whats Everybodys opinion on the remaking of Stephen King's IT? I myself have my doubts, just look at the way they've ruined so many other good horror movies by remaking them. Lets cross our fingers and hope they get this one right!
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:22:57 PM »

I personally don't think they can improve on Tim Currys portrail of IT.

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 06:19:29 PM »

I hadn't heard they were remaking IT.  The idea gives me mixed feelings.  On one hand, IT can never be given full justice as a TV mini-series (unless done on HBO/showtime).  On the other hand, Tim Curry is Pennywise for me.  tough one.

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:57:30 AM »

of course, being a Stephen King movie I will watch it anyway lol.

SouthernJack89

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 07:01:07 PM »

ill definitely go see it, im with packbacker though, how can you top tim curry as pennywise, whoever it is will have to go above and beyond
Slappy
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »

I'll go with my stand-by....

Hollywood has run out of ideas, and personally I'm getting tired of the lackluster remakes and classic and cult horror hits.  What makes them great only worked then, and will never work again.  Movies like Halloween, The Exorcist, Poltergeist, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Cujo, The Shining, IT...I could go on all day... are awesome because of what they were and what they are.  The casts, the crew, the music, the settings, it all came together to make an awesome movie, and no remake will ever be able to grasp my imagination the way the originals did.  Yes, I'll probably see it either in the theater or on video, but it just won't be the same.  The remakes might be decent movies in their own rights, but they'll never be the originals. 

And of course, a certain someone I know will never watch IT in any way, shape or form.  Dang coulrophobia!
packbacker
Completely Haunted

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 08:46:49 PM »

First- I love that I learned a new word.  Coulrophobia......awesome.

Second-  I agree on the remakes.......it's getting old, old, old.  99% of the time the remakes are mere shadows of the originals.  The only exceptions I can think of are "The Thing" (Carpenter remake) and "The Fly" which surpass the originals.

"You can't piss on hospitality.  I won't allow it!"
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 01:32:32 PM »

I know there are plenty of people who are afraid of clowns. I think it has something to do with not knowing what is behind the makeup and not being able to tell what they are thinking. Good, example, the serial killer John Wayne Gacy. Never knew what it was called though. Very impressed, Slappy!  Grin

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: