November 18, 2017, 01:18:41 AM
News: The Screaming Season is Here!  Visit a Featured Haunt and Enjoy!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: halloween suff on shelves!  (Read 4620 times)
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« on: July 09, 2012, 07:46:26 PM »

I went into the local "dollar store" yesterday, & what did I see....skulls, tombstones, bags, cups, party decor, ALL orange & black....Someone is pushing for October..... other than us!

I have a $89.00 chainsaw.... and I know how to use it....
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:06:29 PM »

Yea! Can't wait as usual lol. My son moved to Missouri 3 years ago and is planning on moving back here next month. We talked for about 2 hours today and it was pretty much all about the haunt attractions here and how he can't wait to go. When he moved there no one would go with him to one, and as everyone knows it is no fun going by yourself so he has missed it. He can't wait to go with us to the haunts he used to go with us to and all the new ones we get to introduce him to. It will be so much fun.

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:11:26 PM »

Yea Sissy,
you know it's family thing for all us too... I'm as ready to visit some haunts as anyone. I just wish it would coold down & start to feel more like "haunt season".

zippy
A Little Haunted

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 08:36:53 PM »

how far is The Slaughter House Horror Experience from statesville nc
Sissyhaunt
Completely Haunted

Hard Core Haunted House Attendee

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 09:12:30 PM »

It is in Middlesex, NC so about 177 miles from Statesville. It is well worth it though. The owner, Al, was great when we went. He talked to us after for quite awhile after we went through. It's another great haunt that makes you feel like you are alone in the dark with monsters because you never see the group ahead or behind you, but wow, can you hear them scream. Adds to the atmosphere.

Born on Friday the 13th. Could be why I love all things scary lol
zippy
A Little Haunted

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »

i wonder if thay are looking for ppl
Slappy
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 03:57:56 PM »

Seriously Slaughter?  I hadn't seen any yet, but I'm expecting it any time.  Now that the school stuff is back out on the shelves, Halloween decor is never far behind!
Cousin Levi Slaughter
Completely Haunted

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 04:35:44 PM »

I couldn't believe it either....but I grabbed up a few "cheap"..."everything is a dollar"..., cleavers, & creepy cloth. Mainly just to buy something. LOL

handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 05:42:34 PM »

I can't vouch, as I haven't been there yet, but I heard that Garden Ridge has their Halloween stuff out. I think our nearest is in Greensboro. Next time I'm out that way, I'm stopping by.

Fortune Favors the Bold
SouthernJack89

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 06:22:35 PM »

wow somebodys getting a early start haha, i cant wait until all the stores are filled with candy and decorations, i don't just love haunts, i love halloween. when every other kid got excited at christmas, i was the one waiting on october to roll around, always gave me a special feeling inside.
Slappy
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 11:17:39 AM »

There are few things that get me in the mood for Halloween like when you see the first decorations hit the shelves, or when the Halloween stores start opening up in the area...
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 02:27:37 PM »

Anyone bought anything yet?  I've been to Michaels, and Homegoods and they both have merch out. I bet Homegoods has put more stuff on their shelves since I've been. I've seen someone else's pics of merch and they have some nice ceramic pumpkins which I like, an Christopher Radko accessories. Cracker Barrel has some cute stuff as well. If you go on Pumpkinrot's blog, he has pics up of what his Homegoods has on the shelves so far. I'm guessing Target won't have their stuff out til the end of Aug or beginning of September.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »

Yankee Candle has all of their fall/Halloween scents and decor out.  They have some really neat stuff this year, too.  I haven't been to Michaels or Homegoods yet, but I usually check them out this time of year.  Don't forget about World Market, too!
handfulofrubies82
Completely Haunted

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 03:41:45 PM »

I love the Bone People at yankee candle - I would like to get more

Fortune Favors the Bold
Slappy
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 07:03:09 AM »

They have some new ones this year, very cool.  And thanks for the heads-up on Homegoods, I think Honey and I spent at least $50 there last night.  They have some awesome decorations this year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to: